Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Commemorative letter to Clay

Dear Clay..

In the ABOUT link on the homepage to GP it states….’This site is dedicated to the artists, designers and musicians who create amazing gig posters to advertise shows and events’..

In the light of the recent comments over a recently submitted poster and focusing on the word ‘advertise’ in the statement above, can you confirm whether you will be heeding the call from certain artists to remove Commemorative posters from the site..

I guess if that is the plan then you need to be aware to remove many of the BGP series that have been listed and no more submissions could be accepted from the NF series..In addition you will need to take advise as to which of the historical posters submitted are second printing and not distributed prior to the event as promo material..

I personally think GP would be doing itself an injustice to deny the opportunity to build up a reference of the early works alongside the great job it does of reflecting the current poster output..

I look forward to hearing from you shortly,

Yours sincerely,
    BJB.

Head Honcho

Comments

Uhmm .. when I wrote that .. I didn't have any idea that people would make a poster for a show that happened a while ago.

I'm still not sure I understand why people create these posters..

BUT .. I'm not ready to judge that they are not gigposters.

I would REALLY like to hear more opinions from everyone on the site before I make this decision.

Obviously, posters for shows that did not happen (fake), posters with no bands listed, promo posters etc.. are NOT gig posters.

This is a tricky one.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

I couldn't care less if people make and post these posters. They are technically gig posters. A lot of guys are comissioned to do these so I just don't see it as a problem. No fake posters though.

Comments

If Clay is going to lie down on this issue then I am formally requesting his resignation.

What are we talking about now? That first message had too many words in it without enough cursing for me to actually read.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RichieGoodtimes
    What are we talking about now? That first message had too many words in it without enough cursing for me to actually read.
    fuck if i know..that shit was too long.

If Clay is going to lie down on this issue then I am formally requesting his resignation.

Should there or shouldn't there be commemorative posters allowed on the site.

Comments

If you're gonna talk back Triple M then I'm gonna have to request your resignation as well.

If you're gonna talk back Triple M then I'm gonna have to request your resignation as well.
    Yes sir, right away.

Comments

My view...

Gigposters are advertisements. For the show, band and venu. Even if they are commissioned as commemorative, I feel they still do that job. They are still promotion.

Many of the Electric Frankenstein posters on this site are "commemorative". Commissioned by Sal. Should they be removed? I say no. They are still promoting the band and venue. As well as the history of the show. Even if it was done later.

My only issue is with fake posters created soley by the artist and not commissioned by band, venue, or promoter. But I don't think Clay can protect against that any more than what he already is.

The Alpine Valley poster that I just posted is commemorative. I was hired by the promoter to do the poster with the entire seasons line-up on it. They are being framed and sent to all the bands that played there. Would this not qualify? (I actually wasn't sure so I got Clay's blessing first).

I agree with the philosophy that if it's a real show, with a real date, with real bands, and commissioned for real, it's cool. And I was under the impression that was also the established rule as well.

Comments

I RESIGN.