Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135961 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default An offshoot idea for the gigposters poster thingee

Hey Clay, for the next round of collaborations, you should do a three month calendar somewhere in it, either incorporated in the design or just at the bottom. Now you have a functional collectible that people will not want to miss the next one of. People will look forward to it, and you could have a subscription thing to sign up for : 1 year = 4 posters = $$$ You now have some of the money ahead of time practically plus you are expected to make a new one every 3 months (2, 1 whatever, it could go monthly) so you cant slack off. You still offer to sell them individually also.

I would subscribe
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, Hate me because I'm an asshole!

Ass, Grass or Cash... No-one designs for free...

posters / Facebook / Gallery Work / Ad/Promo work / WWW.SKULLUXE.COM / Big Cartel Store

Premium Member

Comments

not a bad idea.
    In fact, a pretty good one.

Premium Member

Comments

sometimes I black out and channel concise thoughts, glad this one was actually caught on paper

posters / Facebook / Gallery Work / Ad/Promo work / WWW.SKULLUXE.COM / Big Cartel Store

Premium Member

Comments

that's brilliant

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Or do 12 different posterss and a whole year poster.
    Good Ideas thru Bad Living™

Asshole for the People™

hell man; sign me up now.

Comments

What about the big 'ol regular year calendar with poster art on it? Its been broached here a dozen times. I'd love to be part of one. Although I do like dspring's idea too.

Head Honcho

Comments

An interesting idea... something to think about.

The only negative thought that crosses my mind is:

"When I think of collectible art .. I think of it as something I want to hang on my walls. I'm not sure I'd want an old 3 month calendar from 2003 hanging on my wall in 2006. I can picture the series someday hanging in a row. Would I want it to be a big outdated calendar?"
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Premium Member

Comments

Outdated?? this sites entire focus is on artwork that advertises to 1 day only, it should not exist after that day, but because of the care and craftsmanship of the people on here and their appreciation of each others work, these works of art are still around, being sold and traded long after their inital purpose is finished.
    I think of it as temp art, just like gigposters, they are dated aren't they???? if the image is good enough to buy, people will keep it. I have show posters from 5 years ago on my wall, some of which I bought and I don't think "hey, that says July 17th, 1998", I think cool poster

crazy thing is that people DO collect old calenders!!! My mom had a cousin that traveled throughout her life and always brought calenders from where she visited....she had 'em all over her house.

It might be kinda cool if you had the whole series for like 5-10 years in a row.....all lined up?