Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Does anybody know of a program for the PC that will allow you to setup a group of jpeg files and have them shown as a slideshow. What I'm looking for is something I could just mail out to people on a CDROM with samples of my work.

I used to have a Quickshow program I would send on Floppies for the Mac and it worked great. Someone would just double click on the icon and it played automatically.I was hoping to find something that will work cross platform. Is Shockwave the way to go?

Comments

try download.com and search for slideshow. i think you may come up with some freeware hits that way.

Comments

cant you just use powerpoint?

Comments

flash would work great for that...export as quicktime and burn cd...even could control w/ back and forward buttons...quicktime pro may be able to do it also...and cheap...both cross platform.

Premium Member

Comments

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Powerpoint . I've always thought it was just a program for presentations and meetings.

I've worked a little in Freehand with Shockwave that is built in. I've tried placing jpegs on their own layers and exporting it as a swf, but the resolution is awful.

Comments

flash mx handles bimap images...ie non vector...much better than the earlier versions...and i believe once you export it correctly as a quicktime file...i'll have to look it up...it works like a charm....in quicktime you can even present full screen....and if you plan ahead...have images at a higher rez....they will look goos...if your planning on burning a c.d.file size issue is this...around what?700mb's....plenty...so in flash it may bog...but once burned it works well. at least it has.

Comments

u can try AcDsee it is easy program to handle.. u can use it to make a slide show or just to be bale to see ur image files without need to open them first..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Annacas on 2002-06-04 14:28 ]</font>

Premium Member

Comments

I think I've finally got Flash to work by exporting from Freehand. I went into OPTIONS during export and turned all the compression off. I just need to test it out by burning a CD and running it on a Mac.

Comments

godspeed.