Gig Posters

Posters: 155569 | Bands: 135482 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Head Honcho

Comments

Exclamation Announcement: 2 new forums!

#1 - Process - Due to popular request - we now have a process forum.

I have moved many process threads into this new forum that I could find, but I'm sure I have missed some. If you find any threads that belong in there - please email help@gigposters.com and paste the links in the email. Thanks!

#2 - eBay Watch - this is an automated forum that will show the latest gig posters for sale on eBay. I'm sure it will require a few tweaks as we go along .. but it is up and running, so check it out.

*NOTE - eBay Watch posts will NOT appear on the front page. You will need to browse the forum itself to see what is new.

Enjoy!
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Premium Member

Comments

Cool! Thanks Clay!

Comments

Wow, that Ebay forum is an interesting new addition.

Premium Member

Comments

Awesome! great new additions! Thanks a lot!

Comments

I thought we we're getting spammed, hah... can anyone post on the ebay thread? Does gp get anything from it and if so, how? sorry if i missed it

Comments

The process forum is an excellent addition. Those are some of my favorite threads to read. Conveniently consolidating them into one forum helps make this site an even more valuable resource for the community.

The ebay watch forum is interesting but I see little value in it if it's just auto generated from key terms like that. When I see the initial post includes five pages of threads with things like a Jonas Bros (non-gig)poster 4-pack and several listings for the "mini posters" removed from art books I feel like using the actual ebay search would be much more productive. I think this could be quite a valuable forum if there was a little better filtering of what's posted.

Just my two cents. Regardless of what I have to think, great work Clay!

Head Honcho

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by 100degrees View Post
    I thought we we're getting spammed, hah... can anyone post on the ebay thread? Does gp get anything from it and if so, how? sorry if i missed it

eBay links can be posted in any forum .. but not that one. They will change so fast in that forum, that it wouldn't be worth users posting in there.

Yes - GP is now an eBay affiliate, so there will be referral money coming in eventually.
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Premium Member

Comments

very cool clay - is this what my hat money went to? Well invested, I say!
    API Local, Member 025 - Hack For Life!
    http://www.fnharsh.com
    http://fnharshdesign.bigcartel.com/

Head Honcho

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by rhombusleech View Post
    The ebay watch forum is interesting but I see little value in it if it's just auto generated from key terms like that. When I see the initial post includes five pages of threads with things like a Jonas Bros (non-gig)poster 4-pack and several listings for the "mini posters" removed from art books I feel like using the actual ebay search would be much more productive. I think this could be quite a valuable forum if there was a little better filtering of what's posted
    Well, like I said - it will take some tweaking still. Right now it is just showing items that have the words GIG and POSTER in them. I can tweak it to whatever I want. Suggestions are more then welcome!

The eBay Watch forum is intended to show the newest eBay listings of gig posters for sale. Obviously, if you are looking for something in particular, then you can click the eBay link on the bottom left of the front page of GigPosters.com, and use the eBay search.

Comments

I forgot about the ebay affiliate sales. In that case, I wouldn't worry too much about tweaking it. How often will it update?