Currently, my drying racks consists of a rickety old baker's rack with some plywood shelves. It can only hold about 15 posters before I need to start doubling-up. Luckily, most of my runs are Speedball Acryllic through a 305 and the ink is sufficiently dry by the time I fill up a row.
Based on that, I designed this rack to fit into my new space. I went to home depot and bought two 6'x1"x6" and 6 sheets of pegboard (I meant to get 12 but that's all they had).
This design allows for 100 shelves with a 1/2" gap inbetween but the final build only has 50 shelves. with a 1" gap. The full-cost would have been about $200 but because I only bought six sheets and because they were tagged wrong my total cost was only $62 - much better than the $550 rack I found on craigslist that wouldn't fit in my low ceiling place anyway.
We made a jig to cut the grooves in the 1x6"s. 6 total so the back corners and have some added strength.
The 4'x8' sheets of pegboard were cut down to 21.5"x24"
The shelve being set into the back grooves.
Back view. Vice grip were used to keep stuff from bowing while we put the shelves in.
Finished. Front view. 1" on top and bottom and we used some spare pegboard to stabilize the frame a bit so it wouldn't twist. Some castors on the bottom to wheel that thing around easily -- it's VERY heavy.
I plan on mounting some box fans to the back to suck air through the contraption.