Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135235 | Designers: 11483                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Lightbulb Call for Artists: Serie XVII

I wanted to pass this along since I know there are a ton of talented artists/printmakers on GP.

The Serie Project, an artist in residency program located in Austin, Texas, is currently accepting applications for our 17th series of prints.

Every year, a selection committee selects 6-20 artists to invite to stay at our studio in Austin for 1-2 weeks and work on a limited edition screenprint with one of our master printers. There's no cost to the artist, except for their own travel and board. Lodging is provided on site, and at the end of the process the artist gets to leave with half of the printed edition.

I'd love to see some applications from the GP community! However, if you know of a talented artist or designer that you would like to pass this information along to, please do. No prior knowledge of screenprinting or printmaking is required for our residency.

You can read about the whole shazzam here:

The Serie Project - Austin, TX

Comments

This is a sweet opportunity to work with some guys who really know what they are doing. Our Decoder Ring series took it's inspiration from what Sam Coronado does with Serie.

Paul is one of the Serie printers and Satch Grimley, who has work here, also has printed for Serie. Lots of screen printers got their start in Sam's studio.

Comments

badass.

Comments

'Artist Statement'? What's that? serious question.

Comments

"Artist statement" = spewing BS. Seriously, it's just what you want or get out of creating your art, your background, some personal history etc.. They can be serious, but I prefer the ones that are more humorous.

I think I might give this here a go. Sounds like a cool experience if it happens.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by victor_howitzer View Post
    'Artist Statement'? What's that? serious question.
    Oh you know, something like:

"In 1901, I met a tree that I could never forget. I've been trying to find that tree in my paintings ever since."

It's usually a one page lil ditty that just introduces yourself as an artist. What you're interested in, your creative process, motivation for continuing to do art... etc.

Comments

Oh yeah, possibly the most important detail is that when you finish your residency, we take you out for awesome mexican or vietnamese food (your choice) and the beer's on us.

Comments

1901? vroooooom must be ooooooold!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by phoondaddy View Post
    "Artist statement" = spewing BS. Seriously, it's just what you want or get out of creating your art, your background, some personal history etc.. They can be serious, but I prefer the ones that are more humorous.

I think I might give this here a go. Sounds like a cool experience if it happens.
    We don't want you in Austin

Comments

Me in Austin ='s $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s for FRANK.