Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Good Hip Hop

Premium Member
    Comments

Default Good Hip Hop

I've been addicted to the new P.O.S. album "Never Better" for a couple months now. Anyone have this? Know of anything similar? At times political, intellectual, almost punk, but most importantly heavier, energetic beats.

I've checked out or already know of the usually stuff like, Atmosphere, Immortal Technique, Sage Francis, etc. They're all good, but there's something original and interesting about this album I can't seem to find anywhere else.

I guess this could be a good hip hop thread.

So the other hip hop thread is shit?

It doesn't get more political to me than Public Enemy and The Coup

If you like "Never Better" you HAVE to get his other albums. Honestly, I thought "Ipecac Neat" was the most difficult to get into, but is ultimatly his most solid album. I listen to it more than almost anyhting else these days.

On a related note, I saw POS and Mictlan and Sims a few months ago and it was one of the best concerts I have EVER seen.

Premium Member
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by matthewthirteen View Post
    So the other hip hop thread is shit?

It doesn't get more political to me than Public Enemy and The Coup
    I guess I'm looking for a specific style.

Premium Member
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by danielalanscott View Post
    If you like "Never Better" you HAVE to get his other albums. Honestly, I thought "Ipecac Neat" was the most difficult to get into, but is ultimatly his most solid album. I listen to it more than almost anyhting else these days.

On a related note, I saw POS and Mictlan and Sims a few months ago and it was one of the best concerts I have EVER seen.
    Thanks! You were right. I had Audition and Never Better and just his sound had evolved through the first three albums into Never Better and I didn't think Audition was anywhere near Never Better.

Quote Originally Posted by donationdesign View Post
    I guess I'm looking for a specific style.
    Good luck with that.

Comments

I'm sure you would've found what you were looking for in this thread. Besides that, the title you've given this will invite remarks like, "such a thing exists?"
    With that said, I recommend Mr. Lif's latest album, I Heard It Today. Political, sonically solid, and at 39 minutes, it won't get too heavy on you.
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    Portfolio Photos Blog

Premium Member
    Comments

Thanks! Mr Lif is pretty awesome!