Gig Posters

Posters: 154432 | Bands: 134591 | Designers: 11435                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default iPod touch, anyone have one? I have questions.

I am thinking about picking up an iPod touch... I need a new ipod/mp3 player and I want to take it with me on my trip instead of a laptop to check email and look up stuff on the web.

Does anyone have one? How is the browser? I want to be able to check email while I am away as well as do some searching in cities that I am visiting and possibly purchase some tickets online for events/attractions while I am there. Is this the device for me? I really can't justify a laptop... I sold my last one after my last trip, but it was kind of a pain to lug around.

cheers
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, Hate me because I'm an asshole!

Ass, Grass or Cash... No-one designs for free...

posters / Facebook / Gallery Work / Ad/Promo work / WWW.SKULLUXE.COM / Big Cartel Store

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by dspring View Post
    I am thinking about picking up an iPod touch... I need a new ipod/mp3 player and I want to take it with me on my trip instead of a laptop to check email and look up stuff on the web.

Does anyone have one? How is the browser? I want to be able to check email while I am away as well as do some searching in cities that I am visiting and possibly purchase some tickets online for events/attractions while I am there. Is this the device for me? I really can't justify a laptop... I sold my last one after my last trip, but it was kind of a pain to lug around.

cheers
    Yeah it works great...i love mine and you can navigate the web as easy as a laptop, just much smaller....and no flash

Premium Member

Comments

awesome... that is what I was hoping for...
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, Hate me because I'm an asshole!

Ass, Grass or Cash... No-one designs for free...

posters / Facebook / Gallery Work / Ad/Promo work / WWW.SKULLUXE.COM / Big Cartel Store

Comments

I recently got a 32 gb one and I'm pretty blown away by everything it can do.
    You'll want to set up your home for wireless if it isn't already.

Premium Member

Comments

we attached ours to our new press and run simplify to our shop speakers so we can get all our computers and server's music right where we spend most of our time.
    The Half and Half
    Now Selling Speedball Ink for all your East Coasters.

Head Honcho

Comments

**You can only check your email / surf on the ipod touch if you are near a free (or paid) wifi connection. I find it pretty rare that I find wifi. That is why the iphone is so nice .. it connects to 3G no matter where you are (driving, at an event, in a park etc etc)
    *PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS - CLICK THE CONTACT LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE*

Comments

Yeah, most of the wireless networks I find on my iphone are locked so most of my browsing is through 3g. I can imagine it being kind of a headache to find wi-fi to use while out and about.

Comments
    Items for Sale

does the touch run all iphone apps (that are not phone related, of course)?

Comments

the touch and iphone are exactly the same except one makes calls and has a camera. also the 2nd gen has a volume rocker on the side and can take mic input. i have a first gen and it has saved me a bunch of times when i needed internet stuff. also, if you're going to get one wait a few days. big iphone/ipod refresh is coming up fast.

Comments
    Items for Sale

i will get one someday. after they've been usurped by something better. i shall get it on clearance at the dollar store.