Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default The Good, The Bad, The Ugly/Fistful of Dollars PROCESS

I always forget to take pictures of my screen burning/wash out area at work (I work at a t-shirt print shop and do my screen making there and then print my posters at my apartment). I'll try to remember next time to take some shots of my process from start to finish. Anyway, here is some of the process for printing a poster for the next installment of the Brew & View film series at The Palace Theatre in Syracuse, NY.....

Make ready....

First color down....

Prints hanging on drying line.....

By the time the line is full the first prints are dry enough to start taking off and stacking on this shelf next to the print table, and then I can start hanging prints back at the beginning of the line....

Second color down...

Third color down. Metallic gold flecks in the woodgrain and some accent type in Fistful of Dollars....

Fourth color down....

Getting the fifth and final color lined up and ready to go....

Last color down. A nice transparent, warm white. It dries a lot more transparent than it looks here....

Done! The metallic gold is hard to photograph. It looks nicer in person...

Some details....

I'm an idiot and spelled "Fistful" correctly in the big brown type, but spelled it incorrectly as "Fistfull" in the small gold type. A friend of mine pointed this out to me a few days after I had printed it. I'm usually pretty good about checking spelling and things like that. I must be way more tired and stressed than I thought. Does this make it more super awesomely collectible?! Eh? Eh?

I REALLY need to get a proper studio space and need to build myself a vacuum table. I'm pretty happy/surprised with the quality of print I'm able to get out of my table with no vacuum or spray adhesive, but a vacuum would obviously be faster and better. Baby steps I guess....

Comments

nice, the grey gun overlay was trick, i wouldn't have thought to do it that way.
    always cool to see how other people accomplish things.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prints View Post
    nice, the grey gun overlay was trick, i wouldn't have thought to do it that way.
    always cool to see how other people accomplish things.
    Thanks man! I was really happy with the way that transparent white came out. I knew I wanted to have some transparent gun smoke and as I was designing it dawned on me that it would work to print solid black underneath for the gun and then print the same transparent white as the smoke over the top to make grey for the gun. It was just meant to be!

Premium Member

Comments

nice!
    one of the best films ever!

Fabio spaghetti western

Comments

Question

What are those wooden bead (spools?) spacers between the binder clips on your drying line?

Where did you get your registration guides?

Comments

probably wine bottle corks?? very clever

awesome print!!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by screenprinter View Post
    What are those wooden bead (spools?) spacers between the binder clips on your drying line?

Where did you get your registration guides?
    They're just wooden spool things that you can buy at any craft store. They work really well for keeping the clips and prints far enough apart that they don't get tangled up or smeared on each other.

I can't remember where I got the registration tabs. They were super cheap...but you can just make your own.

Comments
    Items for Sale

I like the spools & the reg tabs. Good setup.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by myripchord View Post
    probably wine bottle corks?? very clever

awesome print!!
    That would work too as long as you don't mind punching the holes through them!

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your setup/process... I am slowly absorbing everyone's ideas and will someday pass them off as my own.