Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Milk Mountain (where the angry dragon lives)
    Comments

Default the night meeting's new video that no one will watch because he is no Andrew Bird.

I had a show last night @ the Ashland and I was gonna give a heads up to all the Chicagoans who like crappy one man bands but I ended up having to fly out to Jersey for a Funeral and was not sure I would make it back in time to play the show (If we missed the return flight or got bumped, etc). Luckily I got back in time but didn't get a chance to rehearse. I pretty much winged it on zero hours of sleep in 3 days, it could have been worse.

Here is a clip from the first song I played, My Heart Bends. I rewrote the lyrics on the plane back to Chicago and did my best to memorize them but ended up fudging them in a couple of spots (better luck next time). I actually Improvised the very beginning and the very end of the song out of nowhere, sometimes I finish writing songs while playing them live as apposed to at home. That's one of the reasons I record my shows, so I can remember what I did. Now I just need to add some lyrics to the new ending. Sorry about the video quality, the Ashland is dark as shit, not good for the exposure level. I played around with it to make it look half decent.

However, I am pretty proud of how this song came out.

This is my set up for those who are gear heads.

Boss TU-2, Boss SD-1, Ibanez TS-10, Phase 90, Boss DM-2, Boss DD-3, Boss PN-2, Boss RV-3, Boss RC-50 Loop Sampler + 2 additional pedal switches (for custom programming). American Tele Highway One through an all tube Fender Blues Jr.
    Last edited by Ryry; 04-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Premium Member

Comments

do you collect transformers?
    most of the time we never fish!

Premium Member

Comments

nice one.
    most of the time we never fish!

Comments

i liked it. seemed a bit disorganized but you said you were still working on it. improving stuff is funny that way, you can riff around on your parts and vocals and some really interesting stuff pops out on the fly. then you just gotta remember what the heck you did.

i started watching some of the other videos. it always breaks my heart when someone counts off to start playing a song and the audience noticeably and instantly starts talking louder.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    do you collect transformers?
    Excuse me good sir but donít you have a newly acquired AT-TE to fix? Stop cutting Rubylith for a sec and use that X-ACTO knife for more important matters.

Does this make me sick in the head?

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Does this make me sick in the head?

[/QUOTE]

No, but it MIGHT make you single...

Nice music work btw.

Comments

Whoa.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Get a Clue Design View Post

No, but it MIGHT make you single...

Nice music work btw.
    lol, that's one of the many reasons I am marrying my special lady friend. The first time she ever came over she expressed how much she liked my collection, because robots are awesome. She told me I could display them all over our new place but I figured we would keep the majority of it fairly adult looking while turning my office into the ultimate nerd out. When people come over and I open the door to my office the reactions are always priceless. Everything from "WTF is wrong with you" to "can I buy you a beer"?

The first time I visited her childhood home she got all excited when she found this giant toy chest in her closet filled with He-Man figures. The really cool thing is that she has three sisters and they all played with them growing up, practically mint condition they are. If there had been at least one boy in her family I assure you most of them would have melted faces and severed body parts. We totally took them home and never told her sisters what we found

Oh, and thanks for the compliments guys. I have been getting a lot of support from all over the place lately. I know I have a lot of work to do but still, it is always nice to get good vibes in any form. Even if I don't get anywhere with my music, it is something I will be doing till the day I die because it is nothing but fun!