Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135975 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default FS20 - Nice work PVTO, Farley, all

That was awesome. Thanks for all the hard work yinz always do for this.

Adding the fourth day was a resounding success for us. It's a long time to be in Austin, but was totally worth it.

Teh cool. Thanks.

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah, ditto. Great success for me! and the fourth day was good.

Premium Member

Comments

4th day turned out to be a hit for the Gigposter booth, but I think its only because of the Record show that was taking place. Otherwise it would of been a total bust. Outside the building it looked like a ghost town. Not many people around at all.

But that record show in the convention hall seemed to have saved that 4th day we completed. Which was good because we got a few pre-orders on the upcoming GP book.

WHICH IS AWESOME! Everyone that saw the pre-release copy we had in the booth will agree, the book rocks.
    Morty - GigPoster Playing Card Salesman of the Year!
    ---------------------------------------------

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

The Gigposters.com book is really, really nice. One of the best of it's kind easily.

Yep, Peveto is Johnny-on-the-spot as usual. Farley's doing an outstanding job, and (at least so far) seems to be mostly stress-free. Let's not piss her off so she stays around! Plus, she can hang with the late night drinkers, unlike her hubby.

I liked the fourth day. A lot more of the locals came out because crowds, traffic & parking were much less hassle. I really missed bowling though. It'd be cool if people could stay in town an extra day on Monday to rest up & hang out at the bowling alley.

I'm gonna start my own new tradition for Austin Flatstocks if it remains a 4-day festival: Any money made Thursday thru Saturday is profit, minus expenses.
    Every single dollar made on Sunday gets blown at topless bars later that night after Flatstock closes.

Who's with me??
    Good Ideas thru Bad Living™

Asshole for the People™

Comments

It was really great, thanks to everyone involved and to all of the artists for being so cool. Nice to see everyone, as always.

Premium Member

Comments

I agree.

Too much fun to be legal.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by perkins View Post
    The Gigposters.com book is really, really nice. One of the best of it's kind easily.

Yep, Peveto is Johnny-on-the-spot as usual. Farley's doing an outstanding job, and (at least so far) seems to be mostly stress-free. Let's not piss her off so she stays around! Plus, she can hang with the late night drinkers, unlike her hubby.

I liked the fourth day. A lot more of the locals came out because crowds, traffic & parking were much less hassle. I really missed bowling though. It'd be cool if people could stay in town an extra day on Monday to rest up & hang out at the bowling alley.

I'm gonna start my own new tradition for Austin Flatstocks if it remains a 4-day festival: Any money made Thursday thru Saturday is profit, minus expenses.
    Every single dollar made on Sunday gets blown at topless bars later that night after Flatstock closes.

Who's with me??

I'm thinking similarly, although I didn't spend sunday's money on boobs, I did decide that whatever money I made on sunday was going to be spend on badass posters and helping out the other artists. I got my hands on an unreal Aaron Horkey (Boris) poster and I am stoked to frame it!

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Huge thanks to Peveto and Farley for taking care of business like champs.
    Cheers to the whole Austin crew for the matchless hospitality.
    Hats off to the API volunteer corps.
    Last edited by crosshair; 03-23-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

thanks all. as far as my part, not too much trouble. i think this is the first FS where i got to experience first-hand how sweet all of you are.
    thanks to all the peeps that helped break-down at the bbq, all the ones that could have trashed the place and didn't, all the amazing volunteers that took my constant 'checking in' with stride and being incredibly sweet and accommodating to the frisky public, all the artists that donated to those amazing volunteers, geoff for letting me take more control than he possibly should be allowed - and to him for pulling off another overwhelming success of a FS, Nels for all his great suggestions, and jonathan of Hot Mama's for letting us take over his lovely space for the bbq.

Comments

Was great walking around meeting a bunch y'all (though half of y'all don't realize it cuz I suck at introductions) and all the posters were great.

Well done Farley, Peveto, et al.