Gig Posters

Posters: 154402 | Bands: 134580 | Designers: 11434                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Hawkwind tribute in LA April 17th with all star "stoner rock" jam!

Don't know if this is your thing but figure I'd give it a shot:

Hellfire Red Rock Art & Photography present...

SPACE RITUAL -- A TRIBUTE TO HAWKWIND

Friday, April 17th
Knitting Factory Hollywood
Admission: $10.00

Knitting Factory - Hollywood - Show Description

From 1969 straight through to the present, England’s (and the universe’s) Hawkwind has been a presence in the underground that has defied definition, releasing nearly 35 proper albums along the way. Combining simple rock ‘n’ roll, heavy metal power, dizzying electronics, and a self-created science fiction mythology, the mighty Hawkwind departed for parts unknown decades ago and has only returned to Earth to refuel as needed. This special show features many players who have been undeniably influenced by the ever-evolving band, as their visionary music gets re-envisioned by a host of imaginative players who jumped at the chance to participate in this event. Hop in your Silver Machines and land at the Knitting Factory for this very special evening.

Starring Ed Mundell's Ultra-Electric-Mega-Galactic (featuring Pete Stahl on vocals) , The Sons of Cydonia (featuring members of Farflung), Backbiter, The High Saints, Babylon Pink, Iron Mountain, the Copperthief, Hallowed Engine, Electric Children, Rocketblast Bath, Overgain Optimal Death and more!

Besides all of the great acts, there will be a very special grand finalé featuring Ruben Romano (Nebula/Fu Manchu) on drums, Ed Mundell (Monster Magnet/The Atomic Bitchwax) on guitar, Mario Lalli (Fatso Jetson) on guitar & Vince Meghrouni (Fatso Jetson) on sax , Cathy Cooper (TouchCandy/Shotgun of Khando) on vocals, Scott Carlson (Cathedral/The Superbees) on bass, Brant Bjork (Kyuss/Fu Manchu) on keys and Tommy Grenas (The Sons of Cydonia/Farflung/Hawkwind) on synth/theremin & backing vox.

Tommy Grenas will be hosting the night and the Sons of Cydonia will play a set of their original music after the Grande Finalé

Knitting Factory Show Description

Comments

Pete Stahl, eh?

I'm kind of astounded that I have not heard a single person or band mentioned. Aside from hawkwind of course.

Premium Member

Comments

I did a poster for Hawkwind once. In like 1992.
    Brg!
    Barricades of hamburgers divide the nation.

Comments

Pete Stahl used to sing in Scream, Wool, Goatsnake...was a TM for QOTSA for a bit..

Wait.... i just re-read the post. I had missed this section with the musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by $killit View Post

Besides all of the great acts, there will be a very special grand finalé featuring Ruben Romano (Nebula/Fu Manchu) on drums, Ed Mundell (Monster Magnet/The Atomic Bitchwax) on guitar, Mario Lalli (Fatso Jetson) on guitar & Vince Meghrouni (Fatso Jetson) on sax , Cathy Cooper (TouchCandy/Shotgun of Khando) on vocals, Scott Carlson (Cathedral/The Superbees) on bass, Brant Bjork (Kyuss/Fu Manchu) on keys and Tommy Grenas (The Sons of Cydonia/Farflung/Hawkwind) on synth/theremin & backing vox.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by danstiles View Post
    I did a poster for Hawkwind once. In like 1992.
    I saw whatever band was calling itself Hawkwind around then...
    Worst band I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of lousy bands.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

And Scott Carlson is in Repulsion and the Super Bees. Was never in Cathedral to my knowledge

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    I saw whatever band was calling itself Hawkwind around then...
    Worst band I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of lousy bands.
    Yeah, I think it was only one original dude. I didn't go to the show, so I couldn't tell you how they sounded, but my guess is you're right.
    Brg!
    Barricades of hamburgers divide the nation.