Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135806 | Designers: 11531                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default R.I.P. Randy Bewley

I don't know how many Pylon fans there are on these boards, but I've loved that band since I was a kid. Sadly, their guitarist passed away yesterday after being taken off life support.

From Pylon's bassist, Michael Lachowski:

This past Monday evening, Randy Bewley had a heart attack while driving his van on Barber Street in Athens, GA. He was taken to Athens Regional Medical Center. Today, our bandmate and brother passed away at a little before 5 p.m. with his family and friends at his side. He will be missed, even as we celebrate his life and creativity. His guitar sound was as special as he was and always will be. Randy's guitar work defined not only a generation of sound but Randy himself. His visual art, painting and photos, combined with his signature sound formed a loose set of boundaries that helps understand him. His quiet devotion to family and friends will become a benchmark for those he leaves behind.

From Wikipedia:

In the evening of February 23, 2009, Randy was driving on Barber Street in Athens when he suffered a heart attack and his van drifted off the road, tipping over. He was admitted to Athens Regional Hospital and lapsed into a coma; he died two days later on February 25 when he was removed from life support. Randy leaves behind two sons, Blair and Adam.

Pylon was a cornerstone in Athens' music scene and Randy's unique sound was a huge part of that, but that's all trivial compared to the fact that he left behind two sons.

Comments

i remember seeing them a few times back in the day. bummer

Premium Member

Comments

o .mazn.
    I like them
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

The Athens Banner-Herald has an article about Randy HERE.

Comments

It would be sad for THAT to be the final post. R.I.P.