Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default The Notebooks Of Leonardo Da Vinci

Whilst trying to remind myself of the word "Sfumato" (the technique for portraying voluminous fields of light and dark by layering smokey veils of colour - something of a challenge for most of us screenprinters), I was lead by this gem of the web...

The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci - Wikisource

I thought I'd share - warning! - no pics! its a lot of words... I've not read even a whole chapter yet but skipping around between sections and I've already enjoyed some great insights that will stay with me till I die!

Its like the Richie Goodtimes halftone school x a zillion - you ought to take a look.

Premium Member

Comments

I know, it would be way more fun to see some naughty doodles by him - but just the bit in chapter6 where he talks about the colour of atmosphere - it shows how a great mind went about pursuing an understanding of the universe around him and then how to represent it visually in his own creations and expressions...

too much for sunday morning - I'll be back on LJ feed after I get another highscore in the arcade