I've been working a somewhat narrative series of art prints. I've been having a lot of fun with them. This is the process for the second print in the series.
Here is the original drawing in my work space. I mostly used ink/brushes, a Pentel brush pen, and a fine point black Sharpie.
Here's some shots of color separations with rubylith. I also did some subtractive scratchboard type stuff with an X Acto on the positive.
For one of my colors, I combined a small drawing with the ruby. Fun.
Then I burned the screens and then mixed the first color. Here it is.
As I was lining up the film to register the last color, I felt like this printed needed a fifth screen. It seems like it was going to have too much white. So I cut a new color.
So I coated and exposed the new screen and printed the last two colors on this fine Saturday. Color number four is a transparent silvery blue-green.
And that's it. Edition of 30. Time to sign and reclaim!