Gig Posters

Posters: 156064 | Bands: 135791 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default robocop munny process! 12-31-08

hey guys! i've been planning to do a robocop munny for a while now. anville has heard me talk about it for about a year with nothing to show! anyways, when stouts poster dropped a few weeks back, i decided to get on the wagon and finish this fucker!

anyways, here is a little process thread as i go along. i finished the sculpt tonight(with lots of sanding ahead of me!) and should be priming/painting hopefully by next week.

here are some pics of the process!

Comments

that looks great. What type of material you use to create these armors... i'm not really familiar with the best techniques you guys use to create these additions to your munnies, and always extremely curios!

super sculpy. i've found it seems to work the best!

Comments

Looks great! Fix those cracks up with some epoxy putty. Try out the Aves stuff. The working time isn't as long, but it's far more durable than super sculpy.

How did you bake the sculpy- oven? Nothing sucks worse than spending hours upon hours fine tuning a sculpt obly to have it crack when baking.

thanks ryan.

the only parts it cracked are on the lines above robo's visor. everything else is fine. it'll just require massive sanding time.

i need to try that aves stuff out. most hobby stores carry it i suppose?
    Last edited by ocean; 01-01-2009 at 03:23 AM.

Comments

that kicks ass. What sculpting tools do you use?

Comments

You can order Aves from - Aves Clay & Mache

I like the Apoxie sculpt. It sands down a lot easier than super sculpy. Buy a trial pack and give it a shot. It will fix up those cracks, no problem.

Your other option would be something like Milliput. That works real well for cracks. You can usually find that pretty easily at a hobby or craft store.

Comments

you can also fix the cracks with thin layers of sculpey and "bake" them with a hair dryer.

oh swarez, thats genius!

Comments

The problem with that is the structural integrity of your sculpt. If it cracks again, the whole thing can start to crumble. An epoxy putty will beef it up some. Then again, I won't even use super sculpy anymore. So, I'm sort of biased.