Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134609 | Designers: 11442                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default fxxk humidity!.... Humidity. Fxxk it.

Printed the first two colors of a poster Wednesday.... Had racked my paper 24hrs+ like a good boy... Registration was perfect, like 100% perfect. Then I spent all yesterday at home with my son. It poured rain all day, while the posters sat on the drying racks. Got here this morning to find that my partly-printed 18x24" poster had grown a full 3/16" in length, and 1/16" in width. It is completely fucked.
    I have to throw the whole stack away and start over. Even trying to make it register would be a pointless waste of time. The result would be shameful and embarrassing. Due today... OH Well! Not gonna happen. I am so pissed.

This is the craziest expansion I have ever seen. When humidity goes from bone dry to liquid air, all the acclimation in the world is as good a none at all.
    I want climate control.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Printed the first two colors of a poster Wednesday.... Had racked my paper 24hrs+ like a good boy... Registration was perfect, like 100% perfect. Then I spent all yesterday at home with my son. It poured rain all day, while the posters sat on the drying racks. Got here this morning to find that my partly-printed 18x24" poster had grown a full 3/16" in length, and 1/16" in width. It is completely fucked.
    I have to throw the whole stack away and start over. Even trying to make it register would be a pointless waste of time. The result would be shameful and embarrassing. Due today... OH Well! Not gonna happen. I am so pissed.

This is the craziest expansion I have ever seen. When humidity goes from bone dry to liquid air, all the acclimation in the world is as good a none at all.
    I want climate control.
    Send me these posters, I can fix them.

On my wall.

Comments

Dan don't I know it! I print in my garage which is basically an extension of the outdoors and humidity really messes me up. Mostly in the form of a warped stack of posters. Luckily, it has been amazingly dry in Austin lately.

Whats this about racking paper 24hrs+, what does that mean?

Comments

uuuugggggg, thats a bummer dan. that's happened to us before a few times, it really sucks donkey balls and is totally frustrating.

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah no kidding unless it's a shit load of colors I print the entire job in one sitting just so the humidity doesn't kill it. Print, clean screen out, smoke a cig, by that point the prints are dry and ready for the next color.
    "Fame" can lick my sweaty undercarriage. ~Jeph
    that's like hearing hugh hefner is over the p_ssy thing. ~motownjc
    middle america doesn't riot. that's why we have europeans ~poguemahone

POSTERS ASPrintingPress.com Etsy Flickr Cop A Squat Toys Instagram

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post

I want climate control.

Dan, never move here... humidity is INSANE here.

Premium Member

Comments

Damn kids ruining things. get used to it.

Can you reoutput or restrip your film so it registers? Depending on the job, we sometimes would split a film in two, isolate the worst section, print the good part, then rerun the second so it would line up.

you can stretch a print slightly by adding lift, or using a bigger squeegee than the first run. I don't know how to make it smaller.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

Crosshair SXSW 2009 bargain bin will overflow with these turkeys.
    I'm just glad I had the restraint to cut my losses, rather than wasting today trying to "make it work."
    Guess I'll stuff some long overdue subscription tubes instead.
    And eat a greasy lunch.
    and drink an AM beer.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Premium Member

Comments

when life hands you lemons, make margaritas
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

Just put them in the microwave for 20 minutes. Good as new.