Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135795 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Flatstock Nuances

So I haven't been to the United States of America in 10 years or so..

-Getting into the USA is much harder than getting out!

-I didn't know interac was a Canadian thing. I hardly ever use cash.. once we crossed the line no one had even heard of interac and very few knew what a debit card was.

-Ice Tea in the USA is just that.. cold fucking tea with ice.

-Beer can be bought at almost any convience store.. awesome! However that novelty soon wore off as soon as I tasted the CRAP. How can that be called beer?... plus where is the percentage alcohol volume? not marked on the product anywhere!! How do you guys get drunk on budwater?

-Weed is a whole other story.. it's hard to find unless you know someone.. and if you do find it it is equivalent to the hay we feed our livestock... dry and brown.

-Does everyone in the USA absolutley hate their job? I got that vibe.. alot.

-I was impressed with how well the cities are layed out and road signs seem to be correct.. plus you have huge highways that are not all bumber to bumber.. that's a luxury we dont have up here.

-It was super funny talking to folks from the USA in line ups for shows. As soon as they found out we were Canadian they asked for weed. Every. Single. Time! HAha.. don't you guys know we can't bring that thru the border!

-Sorry, but I can't vote for Obama. No not because I was incasirated. Because I am Canadain! Otherwise I would!

All in all it was a failry positive experience.. besides the customs dudes at the border.. but that was expected. I look forward to finding out more little tid-bits about the USA next year at Flatstock!

Comments

"-Weed is a whole other story.. it's hard to find unless you know someone.. and if you do find it it is equivalent to the hay we feed our livestock... dry and brown."

Not in my neck of the woods! Come to San Francisco and I'll show you the bud dreams are made of! Plus, there are pot clubs here in California. You can buy any of about 50 varieties any day of the week, as well as hash, ganja food, plants, etc. Ahhhhh, California rules.

Premium Member

Comments

I think micros in America have higher alcohol than Molson or whatever it is you drink. You can't get good weed from dealers on the street in any country, c'mon. What is Iced Tea supposed to be? Hot tea that you let freeze in your car over night? We have these things in America called credit cards, or debit cards. Interac sounds like an online dating service. The "u" in about is not silent.
    Brg!
    Barricades of hamburgers divide the nation.

Premium Member

Comments

awesome, you obviously didn't introduce yourself to me.

true about the border, i hate going to canada for that reason alone.
    always a bitch getting back into my own country and the lines are at least 2 hrs long.

nice one stiles.
    +++++ POWERSLIDE DESIGN CO. +++++ facebook +++++ aka: mike klay

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by S.Blake View Post
    -I didn't know interac was a Canadian thing. I hardly ever use cash.. once we crossed the line no one had even heard of interac and very few knew what a debit card was.

-Ice Tea in the USA is just that.. cold fucking tea with ice.

-Beer can be bought at almost any convience store.. awesome! However that novelty soon wore off as soon as I tasted the CRAP. How can that be called beer?... plus where is the percentage alcohol volume? not marked on the product anywhere!! How do you guys get drunk on budwater?

-Weed is a whole other story.. it's hard to find unless you know someone.. and if you do find it it is equivalent to the hay we feed our livestock... dry and brown.

-Does everyone in the USA absolutley hate their job? I got that vibe.. alot.

-I was impressed with how well the cities are layed out and road signs seem to be correct.. plus you have huge highways that are not all bumber to bumber.. that's a luxury we dont have up here.
    !
    1. What the hell is Interac?

2.Like Dan said what else would Iced Tea be? In the south we have sweet tea, peach tea, orange tea, and lots of others....but its all iced tea

3. You obviously bought the wrong beer...you cant buy the good stuff in convenient stores...just like the food.

4. The weed thing...come to Tennessee or California

5. Hating Jobs....Yes..lots do, there are lots of lazy asses here

6. You guys have lots of street signs that aren't right? That seems to be an easy thing to take care of.

Comments

couple things..

1) They do use interac down there.. there are a few debit card networks in the states and if you look at the machine you will usually see the interac symbol. Sometimes you get fucked and can't take money out though, I have had it happen lots for sure and feel yr pain.

2) BEER MYTH! slightly watery-er chain beer is offset by 8 zillion microbrews and decent local brews (as Dan said).. and also.. the beer might be weaker but they free pour shots down yonder. I got touched in the head in record time on pretty much every outting down there..

Comments

Come to California for your weed. It's good shit, ay.

Don't buy Bud or Miller or whatever mass produced beer on the shelf. It's not like Canadian Beer.

The microbrews and bigger brewers like Sam Adams, Gordon Biersch and Red Hook are more like the beer you're use to.

Comments

also.. the mile/kilometer thing kind of sucks.. my brain is accustomed to seeing 200 on a road sign and thinking.. cool roughly 2 hours away.. miles fucking crawl by

Comments

Sam Adams??!!
    Ewwwww...NEVER drink that crap

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MURPHY View Post
    Sam Adams??!!
    Ewwwww...NEVER drink that crap
    Their Black Lager is awesome. So is Oktoberfest.