Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135235 | Designers: 11483                 
   
       RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 



 Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    559
    Comments
    21

    Default Epson 1440 not recognizing new cartridge

    Has anyone had problems with the Epson 1440 not reading new ink cartridges? I just inserted a brand new light Cyan and it keeps telling me to replace it. Any help?

  2. #2
    squeegeethree's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    6,613
    Comments
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sean3325 View Post
    Has anyone had problems with the Epson 1440 not reading new ink cartridges? I just inserted a brand new light Cyan and it keeps telling me to replace it. Any help?
    Does it have a platic tape tag. You might wanna take that off first.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    559
    Comments
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    Does it have a platic tape tag.
    No.

  4. #4
    squeegeethree's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    6,613
    Comments
    62

    Default

    Sensor malfunction. Make sure there's no dust or paper scrap in the printer. Unplug the printer for a couple minutes to reset the capacitors. Try again. Try a different cartridge.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    strawberryluna's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    22,780
    Comments
    5466

    Default

    check the expiration date? ink cartidge makers are doing this shitty thing where a completely fine, full cartidge won't work past the expiration date due to a fun lil chip that tells the printer it won't work.


  6. #6
    Moderator
    standard's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    31,315
    Comments
    5034
    Items for Sale

    Default

    I think it's because Epson is a fucking retarded company.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    559
    Comments
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    Sensor malfunction.
    That's what I was afraid of. The printer is less than 6 months old and I was just wondering if this was a common problem with this printer model. Thanks.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    559
    Comments
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryluna View Post
    full cartidge won't work past the expiration date due to a fun lil chip that tells the printer it won't work.

    Woah, really?? That seems like a scam.

  9. #9
    squeegeethree's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    6,613
    Comments
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryluna View Post
    check the expiration date? ink cartidge makers are doing this shitty thing where a completely fine, full cartidge won't work past the expiration date due to a fun lil chip that tells the printer it won't work.

    wow

  10. #10
    Moderator
    strawberryluna's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    22,780
    Comments
    5466

    Default

    suck donnit? i don't know that Epson has started that, but i do know that HP has. from bitter, inanimate object breaking and throwing experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •