Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default Vacuum Table question

Anyone know if there's a problem hooking the vacuum hose to the bottom middle of a vacuum printing table. If it will have too much suction in the middle and not enough on the sides?

I see how its mostly done, on the side with a kind of serpentine configuration, but I would like to hook it up to the bottom, if possible.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Premium Member

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Comments

Hook it up on the bottom directly in the middle, that way you will have equal distribution of the air all over.Make sure that the table is air tight to get the baffles to work correctly. Most vac tables have the air feed in the centre.
    Art/illustration:www.switchopen.com

Posters:http://www.gigposters.com/designers.php?designer=34385

Premium Squeegeedragger- http://www.squeegeedragger.com/

Words of wisdom - a poster is the simplest idea ( public advert) and yet theres a million douches needing to yap yap yap,endlessly in some weird need to enobble their very douchisityttitty - KOZIK

Premium Member

Comments

you can make channels in the table, but ours is 2" of open air, no channels, and the suction is all over.

no worries, it'll be fine.
    The Half and Half
    Now Selling Speedball Ink for all your East Coasters.

Comments

sounds good, I'll go for the middle.
    I've seen a drawing where the hose originates from the middle, four channels running diagonally from the center...would imagine that helps to distribute the suction. I've never seen a pic or plans of homemade one with it mounted in the middle

It was a blast drilling all the holes, so if I have to start over I have something to look forward to.

"no channels" sounds logical as well, but I think in my case its for stability too.

Premium Member

Comments

We don't have any channels in ours, 3/4" board for the top, and the vacuum hole is at the back, where the hinges are.

Never had any issues with hold down. If you are getting improper suction, make sure your paper is covering most, if not all, of the holes. The air is going to be sucked out through the easiest way possible, so cover all the holes depending on how big your paper is in relation to how large of a section you have holes drilled.
    The Half and Half
    Now Selling Speedball Ink for all your East Coasters.

Premium Member

Comments

we have central holes on all our big tables. the side hole on the manual table design is only for ease of access and use, if you are setting up and breaking down the table and it doesn't have a dedicated base.

If you think of it, if the vacuumsuction didn't self distribute itself over the whole table, the side hole type would work worse than a central hole in the bottom.

the channels inside are for support. skip them at your risk, as eventually your top will bow down with the constant suction/pressure.

tip on the uncovered holes - use loose paper with a small piece of tape to keep it in place. don't tape over holes with 2" packing tape or whatever or you will eventually have a mess stuck to your table top.

Never cut on a table top - the gouges will show on thin stock
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

this is great seeing as I just built one this weekend (Using Andy's plans...yaaay Premium membership!). Nice things to know! Thanks guys

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac View Post
    don't tape over holes with 2" packing tape or whatever or you will eventually have a mess stuck to your table top.
    True that... it takes forever to clean that residue off

Comments

yeah the "Andy's plan" is really good, only that I wanted to put the hose on the bottom. He mentions it, but no pretty pictures. I don't see how to mount it on the bottom (as he says you can) as it would intersect the spacers. Maybe I'm just daft!

Premium Member

Comments

"I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy