Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default One Armed Press thingies

Wondering if any of you know what those one armed, manual screen printing machines are. the ones with one arm, and it's all counterweighted so that you can print large areas by pushing the manual print arm across. It's kind of the old world version of the autopress.

I went to NW graphic supply in Minneapolis, and they only had this super crazy expensive and huge one..and didn't know hardly anything.

I've seen in some really vintage printmaking books, pictures and articles about these things, and they weren't as huge or involved as the one at NW graphics.

I have an attic studio, and can't get an autopress up there, so I was wondering if there was something smaller..or could be broken down that would help me print bigger and larger runs.

XOXO
    DANIMAL

Comments

Andymac used to design and build these if I remember. One-Arms are all over the place you can probably find one used.

Premium Member

Comments

We still have them

go to TMI Screenprinting Equipment

but you are right, you would have trouble getting it upstairs. And they are heavy and don't dissassemble well.

but....you can find older used ones, or just the runner bar and squeegeeholder, on smaller versions, then reassemble it up top. and NO, we don't sell the bar assembly separately.

you don't say how big you want to print.

other makers- AWT, Cincinnatti, Lawson, M&M -
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

oh hell yeah,

Andymac makes one arm presses? Hey andy, can i just get the bar assembly separately???

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DNML View Post
    Wondering if any of you know what those one armed, manual screen printing machines are. the ones with one arm, and it's all counterweighted so that you can print large areas by pushing the manual print arm across. It's kind of the old world version of the autopress.

I went to NW graphic supply in Minneapolis, and they only had this super crazy expensive and huge one..and didn't know hardly anything.

I've seen in some really vintage printmaking books, pictures and articles about these things, and they weren't as huge or involved as the one at NW graphics.

I have an attic studio, and can't get an autopress up there, so I was wondering if there was something smaller..or could be broken down that would help me print bigger and larger runs.

XOXO
    DANIMAL

Welcome to my hell. I want an auto badly or even one of these one arms. But my basement stairs are NARROW with a 90˚ turn in the middle.

We had to buy a European washer and dryer just to get them down there cuz they're so small.

Some day.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrini View Post
    Welcome to my hell. I want an auto badly or even one of these one arms. But my basement stairs are NARROW with a 90˚ turn in the middle.

We had to buy a European washer and dryer just to get them down there cuz they're so small.

Some day.
    Concrete saw and an excavator would fix that problem.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Hey Andy,
    how much are those fancy one arm thingys for like a 2 foot x 3 foot printing area?
    where is a good place to find used presses?... Ive tried CL but havent had any luck

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrini View Post

Some day.
    we got a cameo 38 upstairs, two 90 degree turns, and didn't have to cut shit.

take that puppy apart.
    The Half and Half
    Now Selling Speedball Ink for all your East Coasters.

Comments

i had one, what a pain in the ass to move.

Comments

We took out all the windows on our shop and swung everything in by crane.