Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Inkjet for Transparencies...

I'm looking to buy a new printer that's all in one. I know that's not the way to go but it's only a temporary fix for printing either 8 1/2 X 11 or 11 x 17. I had a HP laserjet 1320 previously and it was mediocre for printing transparencies. More of a grey than a black. Then randy at Olive Skateboards showed me this new transparency for inkjets and the black was super dark. Just wondering what printer I should buy that also has a scanner in it. If there are no suggestions for a combo printer what's a good inkjet to buy. Also what in your opinion is the best inket transparencies. Thank you in advance.

Premium Member

Comments

epson 1280 for up to A3 size sheets. Well worth it.

Premium Member

Comments

Seconded. I still use mine, even though I have a 7600, too.
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Premium Member

Comments

I've had great luck with photo copiers, so I don't know about printers. But a great tip that I got right here on GP is to spray your transparencies with Krylon Crystal Clear or Toner Aid to make the image more opaque.
    justinsantora.com
    a letter of resignation

"put the immersion on your mensch with a scrub-coaster. then print with a 70 durometer skyguy"
    -Steve W

Comments

One more time,....EPSON

-loco

Comments

before i beat to a slow tortured death my HP 2800 (that i need to sell to someone with a PC - it's a great printer, just not for a Mac, even though it's 'compatible' blah blah blah) i sucked it up and bought an EPSON 1400.

we best fwiendsesesss. prints fast, prints dark, and not a single bitch-glitch yet. i buy my transparencies from Valley Litho, i think that i have Bab's right now.

Valley Litho Supply - Quality Lithographic Supplies & Equipment at a discount!

Premium Member

Comments

me loves my 1400 too!

Premium Member

Comments

I have an Epson Stylus 2200, that prints 13" wide has anyone used one of this to print transparencies?

Sort of related..

just got a 3800 epson to replace my 3000.

People with K3 ink using epsons..do you use the matte or photo black for films?
    does on seem more opaque?

using BAB's inkjet film from valley litho in WI. non water proof.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Kotah View Post
    I have an Epson Stylus 2200, that prints 13" wide has anyone used one of this to print transparencies?
    heck yes. AIR, the print co-op where i print has used that printer forever. solid and simple good printer. prints a lot slower than my 1400, like, up to 30 minutes for a transparency with a lot of info/covering, but works well.