Gig Posters

Posters: 155619 | Bands: 135530 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default Newbie Epson 3000 question (printing with only the black cartridge installed)

Hello everyone,

I'm a starting out screenprinter here in France and I'm new to Gigposters forum.
    I have yet another Epson 3000 question
    A question that I can't seem to find answered anywhere is how to print with only the black cartridge installed. I just bought a refurb and would like to only install the black cartrigde and leave the others out----Is that possible???
    Or would or could I install dummy (empty cartridges) in the other three slots?
    If anyone has or does this workaround and could explain to me how to do it, I would be very greatful
    Thanks
    SC

Premium Member

Comments

there is a work around i am fairly sure. it requires taking it apart and messing with the cartridge sensors i beleive. do some google digging and you can find it. On mine the yellow is empty, and the magenta is empty. SO if you have access to empty cartridges it will work for you.

Comments

Not sure if its the same for the 3000, but I have a 1280 and I can't get it dark enough without adding a bit of cyan and magenta to the black. Something like C 50, M 75, Y 0, and B 100 seems to work out way better for me than just black.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Load the empty slots with cleaning cartridges. You should have these anyway, because it is very important to flush old ink any time you change ink sets. The manual says nothing about this.... They want to punish you if you buy third-party inks, by destroying your print heads.

This way, you will keep the color ink lines and print head clean, in case you want to use them in the future.

Be sure to select black only, maximum resolution, maximum micro-weave whenever you print films. You can program this as a preset.
    Should be no need to add CMY to your black, for films on the 3000.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

thanks
    yeah I've searched google like mad,

"printing/epson 3000/ only black cartridge"ect...and fifty different variations of that. And no one seems to be able to tell me exaclty how to do it.
    Since the tubes are clean (for the color) I would just as soon leave them that way, and print only from the black cartridge....
    Its strange, I would have imagined that a lot of screenprinters want to do what I'm doing, I bought this thing purely to make positives.

Comments

sorry, I was too slow posting, didn't see that yet
    thanks!

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Load the empty slots with cleaning cartridges. You should have these anyway, because it is very important to flush old ink any time you change ink sets. The manual says nothing about this.... They want to punish you if you buy third-party inks, by destroying your print heads.

This way, you will keep the color ink lines and print head clean, in case you want to use them in the future.

Be sure to select black only, maximum resolution, maximum micro-weave whenever you print films. You can program this as a preset.
    Should be no need to add CMY to your black, for films on the 3000.
    just a thought, it says in the manual that the 3000 will use a litte color ink even when only using black --to keep the head from drying out-- would it effect something that it instead uses cleaning fluid?

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcat View Post
    just a thought, it says in the manual that the 3000 will use a litte color ink even when only using black --to keep the head from drying out-- would it effect something that it instead uses cleaning fluid?
    doesn't for me...
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

Just convert everything to Grayscale before printing and print at 100% black and you won't really use any color at all. The only time color will be used is when it runs a cleaning cycle. If you want to use color at a later date, you will need to occasionally print some color images just to keep thead heads working properly.

Comments

are these the right cartridges?
    Epson Stylus Color 3000 cleaning cartridge

now i just have to see who will ship to France!