hey guys, i need help figuring this out. i recently built a different exposure unit and using the vegetable oil paper positives, the image keeps washing out. regular transparencies burn fine on both units, and my vegetable oil positives burn fine on the old exposure unit...just not the new one. when i add time the image and the exposed emulsion still both wash out, it just takes longer. i'm using light pressure when washing out, etc.
the only thing i can think is the old unit had 1/4" glass and the new one has 3/8" and for some reason the light isn't getting through the paper as well. i've tried using a matte clear coat spray on the positive before i veggie oil it, and that seems to help a little...but i still get unwanted wash-outs for some reason.