Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135193 | Designers: 11479                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default speedball fabric white on black t's?

My buddy asked me to do some quick shirts for his band going on tour. He wants white ink on black shirts.

The oracle that is GP forums seem to say that getting a white WB ink on black is pretty damn near impossible without it turning grey.

anyone have any success stories with trying this?

Ill be using the speedball fabric ink.

For what its worth im using 110 mesh.

thanks

Comments

nazdar opaque white is the only way. not regular white, but opaque white, water based nazdar ink. good luck

Comments

run down to midwest on monday and get a quart of the union waterbased ink with the catalyst. i've heard good things about it.

Premium Member

Comments

Why are you afraid of using real t-shirt ink?
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Comments

Gina—
    Which nazdar are you speaking of specifically? the 9500? Can this be set with a hairdryer/iron/dryer method?

Andy—
    Is that the Union Aerotex line? looks like a winner. the spec sheet warns that the super opaque white "is therefore not recommended for printing on T-Shirts or other garments that have stretch." What hapenns to the ink if you do print on a tshirt?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel View Post
    run down to midwest on monday and get a quart of the union waterbased ink with the catalyst. i've heard good things about it.
    Yes, true, get some of the stay open while you're at it.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by erik ok View Post
    GinaŚ
    Which nazdar are you speaking of specifically? the 9500? Can this be set with a hairdryer/iron/dryer method?

AndyŚ
    Is that the Union Aerotex line? looks like a winner. the spec sheet warns that the super opaque white "is therefore not recommended for printing on T-Shirts or other garments that have stretch." What hapenns to the ink if you do print on a tshirt?
    It's kinda thick that's why their warning you. I haven't had a problem with it.

If you're just doing a few shirts. Go out and by a Clorox Bleach Pen and cut it open. Print with the goo inside. Wash the bleach out when it gets white. It's a better white (like discharge white) as it will never fades and actually makes the shirt more comfortable to wear rather then less.

Comments

If you're just doing a few shirts. Go out and by a Clorox Bleach Pen and cut it open. Print with the goo inside
    gnarly technique! you have done this I assume? does it bleed?

Comments

At the shop, we use speedball opaque white plastisol.....hit it with the squeegee three times(hard - then soft - then halfway between the two) and pop it under the flash dryer 'til it's dry. it usually stands out pretty good. the heat from the flash dryer will make the ink puff up a bit. at that point, if you REALLY want it bright white, hit it once more and then flash dry it again. time consuming, but works.

Once we're done printing all the shirts, we cure every shirt again 'til it just starts to smoke a little bit. that way, the ink will be able to be stretched without cracking. makes for a very durable, long-lasting design.

apologies if you don't have access to a t-shirt flash dryer(i work at a commercial print shop).....i just thought i'd tell you how i'm used to printing white on shirts.

good luck!

Comments

no flash dryer here. just the kind that spins around.