Gig Posters

Posters: 153002 | Bands: 133640 | Designers: 11369                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default diy plumbing for washout sink

hey everyone. so i'm in the process of setting up my garage screen printing shop. i have never done any plumbing in my life and i figured that you guys would know what you're doing and give me some pointers so i dont fuck up and flood my house and piss off my 4 roomates...

i have a space in the laundry area where i can put the sink, but the faucet comes out from the wall, and the drain pipes are under the faucet. if i were to build or install a washout sink i would need to put the back of the sink in front of the faucet which would make the drain hole not match up to the drain pipe. so how would i connect these without getting any leakage? my current laundry sink has a drain that goes out like a screw and screws into the drain pipe to fit.
    the laundry sink is not even two feet wide so i need to completely replace it instead of adding on to it. the actual faucet spout can be removed and i'm going to put the double ended hose connector on it instead.
    here are some pics

any advice would be so much appreciated!
    also.......where do you find shower board or anything similar to build the sink walls out of? i looked at home depot and couln't find anything. thanks

Premium Member

Comments

check craigslist for a used shower stall, then seriously consider getting a plumber to half-ass a plumbing situation for you, just to the side of the existing sink. you just need to add a branch for the cold supply line, and tap a T into the drain line.
    most of the time we never fish!

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    seriously consider getting a plumber to half-ass a plumbing situation for you,
    Seriously.
    I recently suffered a major disaster/epic fial due to the failure of my jury-rigged washout sink plumbing.
    Leading to a deluge of some hundreds of gallons of water, passing through the three floors below me; collapsing various sheetrock ceilings, damaging people's stuff, making people mega pissed at me, and costing me a fairly brutal chunk of money to make good upon.

Six weeks later my ass is still sore.
    From the pounding.

Don't fuxx with plumbing, or allow temporary solutions to become permanent.
    Take it from me.
    Do NOT trust garden hose fittings.
    Hoses are NOT plumbing.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

My washout is used to irrigate my rose bushes.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Seriously.
    I recently suffered a major disaster/epic fial due to the failure of my jury-rigged washout sink plumbing.
    Leading to a deluge of some hundreds of gallons of water, passing through the three floors below me; collapsing various sheetrock ceilings, damaging people's stuff, making people mega pissed at me, and costing me a fairly brutal chunk of money to make good upon.

From the pounding.

Take it from me.
    Hoses are NOT plumbing.
    Amen. Had a similar disaster when we were in an old warehouse in Yaletown/Vancouver. 4th floor. We flooded the whole building. Garden hose.
    I guess the one good thing about it was all the artists in the studios below 'sold' lots of their artwork to the insurance company.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

dammnn im sorry that happened to you guys. well i posted an ad on craigslist and found out that thankfully there are plumbers out there who will do the job for cheap. but i cant find a cheap shower stall anywhere! for the prices i see for them i might as well buy one of those fancy expensive washout booths at a screenprinting supply store. i actually think im going to go lazy and just buy this one
    Screen Printing Equipment WASHOUT Sink Booth 4 Screens - eBay (item 140255367971 end time Aug-11-08 13:40:33 PDT)

Premium Member

Comments

trying checking out places that sell donated, discounted, or used home improvement supplies.

Premium Member

Comments

Way too small dude. Spend a little more, get a big one.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Premium Member

Comments

i cant....even that size is pushing it for the space i have. its good enough to fit the size screens im planning to use....cant do much bigger then that because my table is also of limited space.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Seriously.

From the pounding.

Take it from me.
    Hoses are NOT plumbing.

we have a garden hose going to our pressure washer. one of the top 3 most important rules of the shop is turning off the water to that hose every night.