Hi, all. I'm rather new the world of screen printing, but since I really enjoy process threads, I thought I'd contribute one of my own. I've been working on an art print right now, but I haven't been taking pictures as liberally I should be, so I'm posting only what I've got so far. Anyhow, here is my first process thread!
Here is a shot of the finished pencil drawing on my work table. Then I'm off to get my positive made.
Trancparency on light table, ready for rubylith. This one's going to be three screens.
I didn't get any shots of the color separations, pre reg, or exposure, but you all know what that stuff looks like anyway.
Putting registration tabs in place. I use small pieces of brass that I cut into tabs. For my test prints, I'm using some leftover bristol board.
I really should have taken some pictures of each color as they were going down, but I'm so focused when I print that I didn't think to. I'll get some when I do the actual edition. Below are a couple of test proofs.
As you can see, I mis-registered the last color (ugh!). I should start working on the edition this week and have some new pictures posted. I also plan on mixing the colors a bit differently and using larger stock.
More to come!