Gig Posters

Posters: 155569 | Bands: 135483 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Unwritten Law

Comments

Default Unwritten Law

I am so happy! I am working on a poster for Unwritten Law and I wasn't sure if they would like it so I sent them a message on myspace asking them if they liked it and they said to me, "It is your art, you are the artist. Do what you do." That made me so happy. I can tell that everyone in that band is art lovers. I saw that they were promoting an artist's gallery opening a few weeks ago and they said that they were going to be there.

Comments

jen, this isn't really how the poster biz works. You should get permission from the venue or the band before working on a poster, and even then, if the poster isn't actually used for promotion around town, its really not a gigposter, at least not by the standards set by this community.

Comments

Congratulations on many things.

1. Getting a cool poster gig.

2. being mature enough to go about getting the gig the correct way (many people twice your age still have no clue about this)

3. having the brass balls to deal with all the wackyness here on this site.

I wish you loads of luck with posters, you are off to a great start.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by uglybogus View Post
    jen, this isn't really how the poster biz works. You should get permission from the venue or the band before working on a poster, and even then, if the poster isn't actually used for promotion around town, its really not a gigposter, at least not by the standards set by this community.
    am i wrong, but it seemed to me like she got permission from the band.

I didn't even know those dudes were still playing. They were pretty good in the mid 80's

Comments

oh i just re read it. yeah jen, definitely get permission from the band before stating on a poster next time it will make your life a lot less complicated.

Comments

I got promission from the band before I started the poster. Also Unwritten Law formed in the early 1990's so they couldn't have been good back in the mid 80's.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JenKaplan View Post
    I got promission from the band before I started the poster. Also Unwritten Law formed in the early 1990's so they couldn't have been good back in the mid 80's.
    maxflo is so old he has grey hair, you'll have to excuse his issues with being senile.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumFluoride View Post
    I didn't even know those dudes were still playing. They were pretty good in the mid 80's
    These dudes were hometown heroes for me growing up in middle school and high school, when they were playing lots of keg parties, and headlining over blink (later 182) at the local venues. I still kind of like the first couple of cds, but the 5 song demo cassette was the best, WWIII was a rad song.

I meant 90's. Sorry. Typo.