Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135319 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Comments

Default Switchopen process thread...

So about a month ago I moved my screen print business across town to a new unit/studio. Which is on the ground floor woo hoo. Those with screening equipment (including t-shirt dryers) what a god send this is ! My old place was on the 2nd floor of an old mill.

Anyhow ,after a few week of electrics n plumbing doing , I completed my first print in the studio. Here is a little process, if not a little short idea to how I work. The poster is for Moby's gig in Manchester at my friends Cafe called Cup this coming Thursday. The process is for a straight forward 2 colour screen print on A3 recycled 'Tan'!!!! (you know you love it really) stock !

First pic is my unit, with a record shop office at end of unit. 90,000 records at my disposal through a door to the left !.
    Insane inspiration ! Second pic is the initial idea for the poster whilst speaking with the venue owner (my friend). The idea progressed a whole load. I wanted to hand draw the poster, but a few things cropped up for me that cut me to the chase of how I wanted the poster to look like. A bit of photoshopery, and scanning and cleaning up re-sizing etc.

The idea/image then got sent to be approved by his management. Third and fourth pics are the Rublyith.I have a Epson 3000 printing my keyplate posi, and for block colours (here, yellow) I use Rubylith. Saves on cartridge ink in this instance !

Finally the finished piece. Edition of 50 A3 stock , to be sold and signed by him priot to the gig.
    Art/illustration:www.switchopen.com

Posters:http://www.gigposters.com/designers.php?designer=34385

Premium Squeegeedragger- http://www.squeegeedragger.com/

Words of wisdom - a poster is the simplest idea ( public advert) and yet theres a million douches needing to yap yap yap,endlessly in some weird need to enobble their very douchisityttitty - KOZIK

Premium Member

Comments

rad.

Comments

solid poster!

Comments

Ace work Nick, I like the concept a lot and the studio is looking good matey.
    "One day we'll all laugh about it as we try to warm ourselves around a barrel of burning posters, equals once more." - Crosshair

Army of Cats Design

Comments

I really don't like Moby at all, but that poster is pretty damn sweet. Reminds me of some of Steve W stuff.... that's a good thing. It's one of my favorite of yours.
    Nice work mon bra!

Comments

yeah man, tis tres good, that yellow layer is pretty nuts, details like that are what i like most about your work..

Comments

nice job!

Premium Member

Comments

Cheers all, it was just good to do a poster again. I do not want to move!! again anytime soon ! The poster is based upon a old tea lable I have.

Cheers Drew, comparing my work with Steve is a real compliment, as he was one of the first poster guys I actually was aware of . Is Steve coming to Hamburg ?
    Last edited by Switch; 07-22-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Words of wisdom - a poster is the simplest idea ( public advert) and yet theres a million douches needing to yap yap yap,endlessly in some weird need to enobble their very douchisityttitty - KOZIK

Comments

looks real good nick. can't believe moby is playing there, i bet there'll be helicopters from sky news and roving reporters with police blockading off the surrounding streets. how many thousand are the tickets going for on the black market?

studio looks hot 2 trot also, babbabababbing! what record shop is the storeroom storing for on your floor?

Premium Member

Comments

Hey Dave, its Voxpop, they moved outta town in to Pollard street where we are. Pretty good having all the vinyl to flick through. Tickets wise its all free. You just had to register some place or another. Hows your Da going with the printing ?