Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135209 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Can you recommend a good Nazdar ink, and confirm a few other things for a newbie?

Hi folks, new here, and I'm certain to be bugging you with many inane screening questions over the coming months. Let's start with this. My local place (midwest screenprinting in hayward, CA) carries Nazdar ink.

I'm going to be using it to print rock posters. I'll be doing some work in an apartment, so I think I want to go water-based for easier cleanup/etc. Also, since I'm a newb, and am bound to screw up, I don't necessarily want to break the bank. Any Nazdar recommendations?

Also -- I'll be doing some finer detailed stuff, like text on a cd package, or some halftone dots, as well. I understand a 230 mesh would be good for that? Or should I go smaller/bigger?

Any help would be glorious, thx.

Comments

You should first tool through the forums via search. Everything you want to know has been mushed through already.

Have you any experience printing.

Premium Member

Comments

start with speedball acrylic, forgiving, easier than Nazdar WB, and cheaper. Order it from deiselfuel on this site. the rest of your crap buy from the local guys. Read these forums for more info. Use that search function, it works pretty good.

good luck
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

You can also search every post by a member. Handy if you want to research Andymac's drunk posts.

Comments

yeah, typical newbie fashion for me to fly in and post my Q without searching the forum first. forgiveness!

thanks for the speedball tip, and I'll dig around here for further info. looks like you have a good helpful community here.

cheers

Premium Member

Comments

buy andymac's book, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac View Post
    start with speedball acrylic, forgiving, easier than Nazdar WB, and cheaper. Order it from deiselfuel on this site. the rest of your crap buy from the local guys. Read these forums for more info. Use that search function, it works pretty good.

good luck
    API Local, Member 025 - Hack For Life!
    http://www.fnharsh.com
    http://fnharshdesign.bigcartel.com/

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    You can also search every post by a member. Handy if you want to research Andymac's drunk posts.
    I'm sober in the morning - check the time of the post to ensure sobriety and/or good spelling and grammar.

STFO squee3 you should talk. Not even lunch time here and you are getting baked in Brooklyn.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

i started with nazdar vf series. that stuff messed up my lungs al kinds of nice.

then moved onto ink design multi purpase ink, then moved onto nazdar 9700 series

now we print posters with speedball water based acrylic inks and stickers with nazdar UV inks, 3200 and 1600 series.

Comments

we use nazdar 9500 series almost exclusively. We like to use speedball wherever possible, but! Our local shop has Nazdar waterbased textile ink for WAY cheaper than speedball. So to save $$ we use it as much as we can. I have found that the nazdar behaves almost the same as the speedball on the press and have had no problems. we prefer the speedball because the nazdar does not have the same chalky/velveteen texture as speedball. Nazdar has a more plastic/rubber feel when dry. The waterbased textile inks from nazdar aren't meant to be used in this way but it works (the guys at McLogans know us cuz we use it for posters against all their warnings). Lately we have started using ink called perma print, which adheres to a HUGE array of different substrates with great coverage, latley we have been printing on sheet metal. Good luck and let me know how you like it.