Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135238 | Designers: 11484                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Photoshop Extraction

Does anybody know of a better tool or technique to extract an image from its background in Photoshop. I have tried the built in extract tool in Photoshop and for the most part find it worthless. I basically use the pen tool to create a path around the image, and extract it that way, but it can be rather tedious and time consuming sometimes. Was hoping someone knew of a quicker/easier way to do this. Thanks in advance!

Comments

Vertus Fluid Mask 3

Premium Member

Comments

Quick and easy might not get you the same results as tedious and exact.

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by cerdo View Post
    Quick and easy might not get you the same results as tedious and exact.

Comments

I wish with the photoshop pen tool that you could hold down the space bar and move the point around like you can in Illustrator.

That doesn't help you...but I'm just putting it out there.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by victor_howitzer View Post
    I wish with the photoshop pen tool that you could hold down the space bar and move the point around like you can in Illustrator.

That doesn't help you...but I'm just putting it out there.
    Its the same tool, its jsut the keys are slightly diffrnt, otherwise it functions the same.

Comments

Yeah ... that is true ... I guess I was getting sort of greedy and hoping for the best of both worlds. I have a bunch of baseball player image that I need to extract out from their backgrounds for the upcoming All Star game ... and pen tooling each player is just going to take awhile.

I have used Fluid Mask, but I seem to have issues sometimes cutting out images where the background is busy.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mhain1979 View Post
    Does anybody know of a better tool or technique to extract an image from its background in Photoshop. I have tried the built in extract tool in Photoshop and for the most part find it worthless. I basically use the pen tool to create a path around the image, and extract it that way, but it can be rather tedious and time consuming sometimes. Was hoping someone knew of a quicker/easier way to do this. Thanks in advance!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this technique, been using it a ton since i went through this tutorial. Works great.

Selecting & Extracting Hair - Masking Tutorial - Extraction Tips | PhotoshopSupport.com

Comments

Right, but in illustrator if you click and drag a point if you hold down the space bar you can then relocate the whole point to where ever you want. In photoshop (as far as I know) you can't change it on a whim like that. You can adjust it after.

It's a small gripe and not a huge deal.

Premium Member

Comments

My favorite way in Photoshop is to create a mask and either completely cover the image and erase it away or paint the mask in around the image...

that way you're not dealing with points and you're not destroying the image, you can change the brush point/size to get finer or more featherd effects etc... I use a wacom to do it... put on some tunes and chill...