Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135206 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default printing paper bags with handles

Anyone have any experiences printing paper bags that have handles? I have been working on some that our local art center is using for gift bags. We have been putting cardboard in the bags to try to give it a ok surface to print on, but the handles are making this a real pain in the ass. Any tips?

Comments

smaller image so that you don't print on the handles.

Comments

The image falls just below the handles and we even moved it an even lower before we printed and still the logo still prints a little weird where the handles are.

Comments

The handle will always be a problem as long as the squeegee is passing over it.. move your image farther away.. or make it smaller as Josh said. Not much else, other than cutting them off! Good luck! Post some pics so we can see your project.

Premium Member

Comments

You could build a jig much like a t-shirt platen. Just big enough for the print so that the handles can drop down below the surface.

i did the jig thing for printing lunch bags (so no handles), but as above - drop them over the edge.

Comments

That giant pigeon may become reoccurring character in my nightmares.

well watch yourself - you can't feed them in venice anymore.

Comments

Well, I'm glad a spammer brought this up, because uhr's paper bag is pretty sweat.

Premium Member

Comments

I quote totally Josh Rickun, however you can try to crete a MDF pallet of the bags shape but without the parts of the handles (you cut the pallet under the handles location). I used this method to print near the neck on thirts: when the squeege was passing on the neck, the print definition on the sides of the neck wasn't good...so I created a pallet without the neck-shape. In this way the squeege was passing over the neck but not creating any spessor.

I hope your bags will be large enough to be printed on a carousel or you'll die printing bags on the vacuum table. I hope your table is able to print on thick thing..in this way you can build the tshirt pallet on the Andy's book but with a vacuum pump.

My English sucks, I know, but I hope you've understood..if not ask and I'll find pics!
    Fabio