Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Matsui Inks

Comments

Default Matsui Inks

Anyone have experience using Matsui waterbased inks? I've read that their 301 RC series is good for t-shirts but that it is also good for use on flatstock. I'm thinking of getting it to do shirts, but I'd like some opinions on its flatstock usage as well. I'd rather get one ink for everything, if possible.

Thanks!

Comments

I've been wondering the same thing.

Yes, Matsui's 301 RC series holds up great on flat stock. I have heard of our customers printing posters with this ink before and I have personally seen simple cardboard card stock printed and the ink holds up great!

I tried to wash off and rub off the ink and it didn't budge! The cardboard started to disintegrate but the ink held great!

Comments

I've never tried it on posters, but have had rad results on tees.

We used the 301 series process blue on white 100% cotton tee's and had great results. I have some of the shirts that I wear often and they have held up great through months worth of washings. The only issue I had was the drying time was sort of weird. My advice is to do a test print on a fabric scrap or crappy tee, dry it and than wash it (we just ran it under the hose for a bit) to make sure you are properly drying and the ink doesn't run at all.

Oh and I almost forgot, we printed over the neckline/seams on a v-neck and the drying time was even weirder for those, but that is to be expected, due to the different heights and varied contact with the screen.

Comments

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westixonline View Post
    Yes, Matsui's 301 RC series holds up great on flat stock. I have heard of our customers printing posters with this ink before and I have personally seen simple cardboard card stock printed and the ink holds up great!

I tried to wash off and rub off the ink and it didn't budge! The cardboard started to disintegrate but the ink held great!

Comments

Thanks for the info! I was beginning to think nobody in here used it... I'll most likely buy it for my shirts and do some tests on paper to be sure.

Westix - funny you should answer, since I was planning on buying the ink from you

Justin - what are you using to dry? Conveyor, flash cure or heat gun? I have a conveyor (though I need to get an electrician to add another 220 outlet to plug it in), but I also have a flash unit. What are your dry times? Did you do the stretch test or just rinse it?

Thanks again!

Comments

Let us know how it works for you, sounds interesting and convenient.