Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 
   
       RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 



 Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    andydiesel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    34,774
    Comments
    1376

    Default what the hell is up with photoshop?

    how come randomly all my preset tools revert back to the installed defaults?

    this is so fucking annoying, it happens like once a month.

  2. #2
    RichieGoodtimes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Frangeles, Califas
    Posts
    27,042
    Comments
    5093

    Default

    Save your workspace. If it happens again, just load it.

  3. #3
    ThePaleBird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Macomb, IL
    Posts
    5,670
    Comments
    20

    Default

    wierd. never happens on my pc. jus' sayin

    You should save a preset file then you can reset them whenever that happens

  4. #4
    satuyrn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    162
    Comments
    27

    Default

    this happens to me in both illustrator and photoshop. as previously stated... reloading a customized workspace fixes it. Still haven't figured out what the hell the deal is... my past 2 or 3 versions of both programs do that. Bugs.

    What's funny is that if your cursors aren't set to "precise" in the preferences, but they change to precise cursors... it doesn't reflect that in the preferences, so you can check the option for "precise" cursors, and it will actually do the opposite you told it to do.

    Bugs.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satuyrn View Post
    What's funny is that if your cursors aren't set to "precise" in the preferences, but they change to precise cursors... it doesn't reflect that in the preferences, so you can check the option for "precise" cursors, and it will actually do the opposite you told it to do.
    Next time that happens check to see if the CapsLock is on, it changes cursors to precise and I didn't know that until recently.

  6. #6
    satuyrn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    162
    Comments
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shellabarger View Post
    Next time that happens check to see if the CapsLock is on, it changes cursors to precise and I didn't know that until recently.
    really?!? hmmmm. That's probably it, I didn't know that either. I hit my Caps Lock instead of shift all the time.

  7. #7
    IVARTON's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    29,607
    Comments
    754

    Default

    Maybe its that special computer time if it happens once a month?

  8. #8
    RichieGoodtimes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Frangeles, Califas
    Posts
    27,042
    Comments
    5093

    Default

    The next time you're trying to use Photoshop and the screen is blank, try turning on your computer.

  9. #9
    Premium Member
    Chris G's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    4,098
    Comments
    10

    Default

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel View Post
    how come randomly all my preset tools revert back to the installed defaults?

    this is so fucking annoying, it happens like once a month.

    Never happened to me, but do what Richie said (in his first post). That should save you if it happens again.



    .
    .
    . GigantiCo . . Creative Director, Digital Strategy
    . "Chris G wants a robot body so he can function at full efficiency 24/7 x 365." Kozik

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •