Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135803 | Designers: 11530                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Flatten Buckled Truegrain?

Made a positive by scratching ink away from a sheet of Truegrain but the process has caused some buckling and distortion of the surface.

Not that familiar with exposure units - the one I have access to has a reasonable vacuum unit as far as I know, would this be sufficient to flatten out the positive?

Can anyone suggest a way to flatten it?

Thanks.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    Made a positive by scratching ink away from a sheet of Truegrain but the process has caused some buckling and distortion of the surface.

Not that familiar with exposure units - the one I have access to has a reasonable vacuum unit as far as I know, would this be sufficient to flatten out the positive?

Can anyone suggest a way to flatten it?

Thanks.
    It will flatten. There would have to be massive buckles for it not to. A creased film is the worst. What I would look for when you scratch off films is the scratches themselves to develop. These kind of hand worked films I take extra time blocking out.

Comments

thanks for the reply squee. it's pretty buckled in places, i feel its going to be a problem. wondering if i could get away with ironing it on a low temperature?

Comments

Shoot first, see what happens, then try.

Comments

ok, tried to burn the screen the other day and the buckled areas didnt sit flat enough so i lost some detail where the light got underneath.

the buckled areas were very creased ie - more like sharp ridges close to each other and too distorted to flatten

so i resorted to ironing and managed to get those areas flat but now the overall sheet has warping due to uneven heating. so the whole sheet has soft waves in it but the very creased areas are now flat

so question is: will this show up in exposure?

PS i ask because every time this doesnt work i have to wait days before i can try again and i am seriously running out of time!

TY

Comments

Why do you have to wait days? Can't you just shoot the screen and if it doesn't work shoot it again?

Premium Member

Comments

stop using this cockamamie technique.

Comments

because i can only get access to the exposure unit on a limited basis which doesnt leave me enough time to mess around experimenting.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    because i can only get access to the exposure unit on a limited basis which doesnt leave me enough time to mess around experimenting.
    I'm sure a six pack'll get you all the time you need.

Comments

no, it won't.

do you have an answer to the question?