Gig Posters

Posters: 156034 | Bands: 135787 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: joystik reg

Premium Member

Comments

Default joystik reg

I’m shopping for a new press right now…hope to buy it by the end of summer. I like the looks of the Riley Hopkins Win series 8/4. It comes standard with “joystick registration”. This sounds like it would be fine for set up but hard to do small adjustments with mid-job. Standard micro reg can be added for $50 per head. The people that sell these presses love it, of course. Anybody use the joystick (insert joke here) registration or know anything about it? Or recommend a better press?

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by KENTDESIGNS View Post
    I’m shopping for a new press right now…hope to buy it by the end of summer. I like the looks of the Riley Hopkins Win series 8/4. It comes standard with “joystick registration”. This sounds like it would be fine for set up but hard to do small adjustments with mid-job. Standard micro reg can be added for $50 per head. The people that sell these presses love it, of course. Anybody use the joystick (insert joke here) registration or know anything about it? Or recommend a better press?

I had him demo it for me a few years back at an SGIA show. Seemed to work properly. riley makes good presses, he was one of the pioneers of the carosel and built the best ones around back in the day. Hopkins BWM screwed him for his old designs and his name, so this is his new line.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

i was shopping for a new press a while back. never actually bought one, but i was looking into the riley hopkins joystick reg vs the standard reg... after asking around, i was ready to pay a little extra for the standard reg system, basically because it seemed more suitable for micro-adjustments. of course it was all just hearsay. i don't really know what would have been better because i never actually bought the thing. but i was doing my homework.....

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah, when it's all inked up and you can't see anything, a small adjustment to a screen seems easier done with a couple twists of a knob than trying to move it with a control that allows 360 degree movement. Hope to hear from someone who has been through it.

Comments

I've used the joystick (Hammer-Method). I bought a press with them.
    (and quickly ditched them.)
    Stick with the real deal. Mid run adjusts are simple, and "Micro".
    Ever see joysticks on Semi, or full Autos? ...nope.
    Here are my Hopkins Knobs.

And (unless they upgraded them) there was little(NO) off contact adjustment with the Not so-joysticks.