Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135799 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default new home....about to set up my first garage screen printing studio type deal

hey! so i finally moved into a spot where i have enough space to set up equipment for posters...not enough space for tshirt equipment though. maybe someday i'll rent a studio for that, but for right now i'm satisfied with poster printing. oh and i'm about to buy my premium membership so hopefully i'll be chatting on this forum more often.

i was going to build a 3' by 5' printing table and put shelves underneath the table as a drying rack. i've never used a vacuum table but i've heard a lot about it from here.....is it for registration? i've only ever used tabs....i'm curious to know more about the use of the vacuum and how i can set it up so that it doesn't need to be underneath the table so i can still have my drying rack.
    next to the table i'm going to build a cabinet where i can store emulsion and coaters, and on top of that cabinet, another one would be connected to it where i would coat the screens and store them for drying....and then put an exposure unit next to that....not sure how i'm going to figure out how to build that i may just go buy one and save myself the stress from knowing nothing about wiring....so the cabinet and the unit would have black fabric wrapped around to make a little dark room...don't have that much space so it'll have to be small.
    then i was going to put the washout sink in the backyard....i saw someone post a process thread on how to build one that i'll probably go off of......the thing is that my roomates are really environmental and they wouldn't be cool with me washing all kinds fo weird chemicals into the drain.....are there filters out there that i could use?

also with poster printing i've only used one size mesh (at school....i forget the size but i could ask) and never had a problem....would you still recommend getting different sized mesh screens?

i'll hopefully keep this thread updated with pics as i set up my studio....my garage is shared with another girl who has couches and stuff in there so unfortunately i can't make use of the entire garage....but its enough for what i need.

Comments

get premium for the vac table plans, and the vac will connect on the side(or wherever you want really

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by thespirals View Post
    then i was going to put the washout sink in the backyard....i saw someone post a process thread on how to build one that i'll probably go off of......the thing is that my roomates are really environmental and they wouldn't be cool with me washing all kinds fo weird chemicals into the drain.....are there filters out there that i could use?
    another alternative, there are soy based cleaning chemicals. you can find more info about that here, Soy solvents