Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135526 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Tell me about Flash Dryers

What's good? What to look out for? Where can I find a good used one? What do I not know?

(The forums were a mixed bag of usefulness)
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Premium Member
    Comments

Anything by BlackBody, Vastex, Workhorse, M&R, etc . . any decent equipment manufacturer will have em. I know the Vastex ones run about $1400 new, BlackBody will sell just the panel and controls and you can weld up your own stand (wide base w/ casters, wide base so it doesn't fall over) IR panels . .

Premium Member

Comments

get one big enough to cover your whole image. if you are planning on printing big you want a big one. most of my t-shirt designs don't get bigger than 11x17. i use it to cure the shirts also i mean i dont have a conveyor drier

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah, I'm hoping to a) NOT have to buy a conveyor (ouch) and b) NOT spend $1400.
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Premium Member

Comments

make sure it has the 'single slice' toast option
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Premium Member

Comments

No WAY am I going the heat-gun route.

But I hear you can make a really good frozen pizza with a conveyer...

Paul: What kind are you using?
    Shizouka!

Brg!

Premium Member
    Comments

I would go buy one of those kinda crummy stove element ones off ebay for about $500. It will work, it won't be great, most are 12"x12", you will get deadspots because it's not a ceramic IR panel. But it will work. I started with a crummy flash and a 1 station press, it works but it's not great, but it's better than a heat gun or your oven.

Comments

dont use them to dry your hair.....they burn your scalp!!

Premium Member

Comments

I would go buy one of those kinda crummy stove element ones off ebay for about $500. It will work, it won't be great, most are 12"x12", you will get deadspots because it's not a ceramic IR panel. But it will work. I started with a crummy flash and a 1 station press, it works but it's not great, but it's better than a heat gun or your oven.
    Hmmm. Resounding endorsement. I'd rather get something that works right out of the gate. Is it a matter of dropping a grand or nothing?
    Shizouka!

Brg!