Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135996 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: reggae hippies

Comments

Default reggae hippies

So today I'm minding my own business doing my weekly radio show on WCSB and I get a call from some dude.

He wants to know when the reggae music will be on. I tell him later after the Spanish show. He then goes on to ask me what people think about my show. I'm like, I don't know. I guess they don't mind it. I haven't had any complaints and I get a few calls a week asking what band is on at any give point in the show.

The guy then says, I've been listening for the last 30 minutes and to me it sounds like a bunch of eighth graders in a garage. So apparently Spiritualized and Ride are eighth grade garage bands now. I didn't know that.

Friggin' hippies are some of the most closed-minded people around.

Premium Member

Comments

I once had a van full of hippies get really, really pissy with me when I told them I didn't know what park the folk festival was being held in, but they could find out by walking down the block and picking up one of the weeklies. I've never seen anyone so offended by the suggestion of doing a minimal amount of work to get some information.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Flip side of that:
    I had a redeye shift on the old college radio station. I got a call from a vanload of hippies who were driving cross country and pulled off to a gas station to use the payphone... they wanted to know what I was playing because it was the most amazing thing they had ever heard.
    I was playing and advance copy of 'Lysol.'

standclear- WCSB is in Cleve-O, right? I was on WOBC.
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Flip side of that:
    I had a redeye shift on the old college radio station. I got a call from a vanload of hippies who were driving cross country and pulled off to a gas station to use the payphone... they wanted to know what I was playing because it was the most amazing thing they had ever heard.
    I was playing and advance copy of 'Lysol.'

standclear- WCSB is in Cleve-O, right? I was on WOBC.
    cool. It's always nice to get those calls. "Oh, man what band was that! I gotta pick that up!"

Yep, Clevo. I haven't been out to Oberlin in a while. They pull some pretty cool shows in to the chapel.