Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135208 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Your favorite cream/offwhite/buff paper?

Looking for some nice sturdy (at least 100lb, probably, though even more would be great) cream/buff/etc stock; bonus points if they can be ordered online. What are your faves?
    -meg

Comments

GSMs baby lbs is fur wusses

Aw, I'm a wuss (I have only really bought stock from French, so I was just going by their weight.)! Well, my original question still stands-- what sturdy papers in that sort of color are awesome?

Comments

i make all my own paper. anyone who doesn;t make their own paper is a wus.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel View Post
    i make all my own paper. anyone who doesn;t make their own paper is a wus.
    Hells yes. I can beat it with the best of them, paper fiber that is... like in a beater... for like 45 mins on Zero.

Comments

French is nice. Cheap, I just got a box o 1200 sheets of White newsprint and the freight was as much as the paper.

Comments

I'm liking the French Pop tones. the "sweet tooth" is a buff-ish color, and it doesn't curl when inked on, which is super.

Comments

i am loving the coventry rag velum.

we are having a learning curve with it though, we will do one print on 100lb cover stock and it will look perfect then toss a sheet of c rag in there and the print will look all dried up, then toss a sheet of cover in there and it will look perfect again. we think we have it amost figured out tough.

the nazday 9700 and 5500 printed way better on the coventry rag paper, i may have to give tw or nazdar waterbased a try on it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    I'm liking the French Pop tones. the "sweet tooth" is a buff-ish color, and it doesn't curl when inked on, which is super.
    Wow, I totally overlooked the Pop Tone range-- there are some sweet colors in there! The Whip Cream looks pretty good too. I may have to get some different colors from them; drooling over a computer screen isn't as good.

Comments

I'm using Coventry Rag 335 gsm for most things. I like that you can get it in big 44"x64" sheets too. I also use Somerset Satin Bright White 500 gsm a lot as well. Ink sits so well on it. Nice and bright white as well, but super expensive (I get it for about $15 per sheet).

How does your ink look different? The grains are much different so I'm not surprised.