Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135325 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Film Positives in Austin

Ok, so I'm ready to burn my film positive, so I want to send it off to have the film burned.

I've called 6 places (literally) and no one except Miller Blue Print knows what I'm talking about... but Miller wants to charge over $50. I used to go to Austin Graphics to have films burned when I worked as a printer at a sign shop... but after about 10 minutes of trying to explain what I needed... they said they don't "deal with film anymore" and that "screen printing is dead". That kind of made me laugh, but I know some of you guys get film burned SOMEWHERE in town, right?

Can anyone in Austin point me in the right direction to have my film done?

Comments

no one has stat cameras anymore. If you want images on acetate Miller can scan hard copy and print to acetate but I just bring them dig files and they output to vellum. most inexpensive way, unless you plan to use them over and over again.

Comments

awesome.

I ended up calling a friend who runs a shirt printing company, and I think he is going to hook me up with films... and send some work my way in the process (they like my work, apparently). I may end up going to Miller for a backup. Thanks for your help.

As a second question, what do you do in the event that your print is bigger than what they can output to vellum??? Just tile it and tape it together?

Comments

thanks for your help, by the way.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by satuyrn View Post
    awesome.

I ended up calling a friend who runs a shirt printing company, and I think he is going to hook me up with films... and send some work my way in the process (they like my work, apparently). I may end up going to Miller for a backup. Thanks for your help.

As a second question, what do you do in the event that your print is bigger than what they can output to vellum??? Just tile it and tape it together?
    How big are your screens!? Those plotters print pretty damn big.

Comments

My screen is 23" x 31"... the paper I'm printing to is 19" x 25"... so I figured 20" x 26" film (for registration marks and such). They said they could only do up to 20" x 24"... but that was a clear mylar photo positive... so maybe they can do bigger on the plotter... probably up to 30" I'm guessing.