Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134861 | Designers: 11467                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default What screen mesh would I need for this image?

First off, I'm new to the forums, posting wise. I joined late last year and have learned a lot of great information from everyone here, so I owe you all a big thank you. I started with a Speedball kit I received as a gift last year, and then started building my own frames out of 1x2"s, and wrapping them with a fine polyester I found at a fabric store. I know it sounds cheesy, but it works really well for me and is what I used for all of the ties, shirts, and prints on my Etsy page, stickhouse.etsy.com. However, I recently wanted to print this image:

I am trying to do it life size, but the details are too fine for the screens I have (I have no idea what the equivalent mesh size is), so I'm trying to figure out what mesh to buy. I have a 305 from Pocono Screen supply that will hold all the details, but isn't the best for textile printing (I bought it for business cards and other small type), so I'm wondering, what screen mesh will do that heart image as well as text down to around 8-10 size? Pocono has a great deal on 110 screens, but I don't know if that is too course. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Pretty soon I'll post some process photos as well as some of my room/studio. It's tight, but it works for me.

Premium Member

Comments

Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Comments

Nothing smaller? Thank you so far though.

Premium Member

Comments

Oh, I didn't see the bottom half of your post.

I dunno; that's a lot of detail.
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

Premium Member

Comments

200 230 if you are doing black on lights. i think you are hooped white on black. You need a decent stencil - if you double coat, then dry then coat the bottom (you need to up your exposure) you can produce a thickfilm stencil that will carry better detail on a coarser mesh.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member
    Comments

you can print it with a 305, 280, 255 or 230 mesh. maybe a 200 too . . . I'd put it on a 305 if its on light, and 230 if its on black.