Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135238 | Designers: 11484                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Squeegee Arm Assembly?

I've recently set up a really basic press with some hingeclamps and a table.

i have been handpulling but wondering if i would get better print quality if i got an arm assembly like i saw in some of the pics in the threads on here?

does anyone know where i could get hold of a low budget version of that or point me to directions to make one? I am in England.

many thanks

Premium Member

Comments

Hello LordS,
    i'm planning to create a squeege holder. People here sayd however to try to check the availability into the second hand market

Fabio

ps. i haven't experience and i believe we all must have experience with the simple use of our arms and the squeegee, but a squeegee holder imho help you a lot on long run jobs, especially to print large sizes.

Premium Member

Comments

IN England, check with Kippax, Truax - there were others made one arm presses. You might be able to find an arm assembly for cheap.
    last week in wisconsin I installed a new Jaguar, and they had a one arm assembly they were getting rid of (to fit a 4x8' table, big...)
    In Europe, same deal - there are/were lots of companies made one arms, either clamshell or parallel lift. you need to dig dig dig to find dealers of used equipment, or shops with surplus stuff, although a lot of this stuff went into eastern Europe after the fall of the wall, to replace non existant print machinery.
    there is a company in Czech Republic make a cheap one arm parallel lift machine, don't know the name but I saw it on the web last year.
    Use the interweb, get out in your local area and start calling on screen and sign shops to find old stuff.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

..and if you find any source, let us know :P

Fabio

Comments

will start digging. thanks guys.

andy: i am working in a 50x70cm format. thinking of setting up the new press for a shorter wider pull to avoid having to lean out so far (killing my back!). do you think it will be more difficult to get quality prints handpulling with an 86cm squeegee? the designs use both flat areas and halftones; solvent based ink right now but switching to water based.

TY for advice!

Premium Member

Comments

20x27" right?

that will work by hand for a while, a lot depends on how big you are. full coverage is going to be hard work.

If you angle the table top, and play with your height, it helps you get more pressure at the back. My first big table I built was 3'x4', with a 27"x 39" vac top area. (4 foot wide)
    I could pull a big print sideways on that, but it was hard.

I eventually got a used one arm assembly, and a used larger table top, built a frame, and built a 4x8 printer. It sucked but it worked.

Oh, and for you lazy ass Europeans who can't seem to work your google search (kidding!)

cima-zlin.cz

these seem pretty lightly built, but I think the price is right.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

yeah, those dimensions. i'm not doing huge runs, prob 100 max.

ok, so that should be fine, many thanks for advice! will check out that site...