Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135238 | Designers: 11484                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Attn Garment Printers

i work in a garment shop outside philly and i've heard some talk about high opacity plastisols that can be printed on darks without an underbase. specifically red and yellow on black substrate. can anyone point me in the right direction as far as brands? i tried wilflex with lousy results.

Comments

there's alot of variables that come into play. When I first started out printing t-shirt's I was so caught up in making sure the white was super opaque and I would flash alot. Then I realized that it took alot of time and it was overkill.

Now I just try my best to either hit the light color/colors last or hit the light color first then hit the others color darkest to lightest -flash- then hit the light color again.

example:

black t-shirt with 4 colors White, Red, Grey & Gold

first I would mix my grey so it a couple shades lighter (more opague) then I want and print it first. then mix my gold so it's kind the same way. if you print these color first and second then your going to take some of the color off by the screens that fallow (printing wet on wet) then play with the rd a little by adding just a little white. this all takes some mixing and back and forth. then print the white last. I print with all my color butt registered (no overlapping) so that way if you have to change you print order. another thing that helps with print oder is which colors has the most coverage.

Another great trick is to put a thin pad on your t-shirt pallet. The material used to make wetsuits (surfer) works great. It makes the ink stay on top of the shirt instead on driving it into the t-shirt

-loco

Comments

I switched to One Stroke Inks and I am getting pretty good results. Best white I have ever used.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TWOFOUR View Post
    I switched to One Stroke Inks and I am getting pretty good results. Best white I have ever used.
    Your talking about ink,....right?

-loco