Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135319 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Jaw Dropping at SXSW

They were amazing! I know it's 2008 but man you couldnt beat this with a stick!

MySpace.com - EARTHLESS - SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA - Psychedelic / Rock / Jam Band - www.myspace.com/earthless
    buy my life

I was there. It was very good. It's hard to pull off a 45 minute jam set without boring the fuck out of everybody, but they did it. Those guys know their shit.

Some other great shows I caught were Tia Carrara, Shame Club, and A Thousand Knives of Fire at Room 710 for The Small Stone Records Showcase, Dalek and Torche at Red 7, and a band from Austin called The High Watt Crucifixes at Trophies WAY the fuck off of sixth street. In order to make sure I caught Torche I unfortunately missed Helmet at The Viper Room. Instead I ended up catching a really boring ass art rock band called Kayo Dot who ate up what seemed like an extra hour setting up and tearing down their three keyboards, two guitars, sampler, saxaphone, flute, clarinet, drums, violin, kazoos and whatever else they felt was important to bring up on stage for their twenty minute set. They pissed me off. Harvey Milk played after them, and they were very impressive when they weren't bitching at each other about their monitor mixes. Torche brought the thunder, though. Love that band.
    Last edited by droidsattack; 03-20-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Had more to add

Premium Member

Comments

I just picked up the record yesterday.The first song is 20 minutes long, and it's disgusting. Maximum Riff Mania!
    Also, Mario Rubalcaba is their drummer. He played drums in Metroschifter, Rocket from the Crypt (alias Ruby Mars), Clikatat Ikatowi, Thingy, The Black Heart Procession, Hot Snakes, Sea of Tombs, the Sultans, Pinback, and 411. That's quite a resumé.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Black Joe Lewis was my stand-out performance of the weekend.

Comments

Torche!

Premium Member

Comments

Modey Lemon. Genghis Tron. Earthless. All killed my face.

Fuck yeah Torche.

Comments

NOFX at Red7. It was fun... and I got kicked in the face about 5 times from morons jumping off the 2' stage. The only thing that sucked is that they only played one verse and one chorus per song (except for "Kill All The White Man"). But, I thought it was a very typical NOFX thing to do, especially since they played 3 other times.

I missed Del tha Funkee Homosapien....

Pack of Wolves... amazing. This Will Destroy You... amazing. The High Cost of Living... pretty awesome. Junius... best ever.

I saw mostly day shows, and almost all of the others I saw at Red7. My friends there hooked me up with a VIP pass, so I spent my time there (wristbands are too damn expensive).

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by largemammal View Post
    Modey Lemon. Genghis Tron. Earthless. All killed my face.
    Add Witch, Graveyard, Torche, Enslaved, Coliseum, and High on Fire to my list. The mammal went heavy that weekend. Satan bless him. Oh free beer at the Modey Lemon. What the fuck were they thinking?
    buy my life

Comments

as much as i love high on fire, i missed all their shows. oh well, i always see em when they come around normaly...just too much shit goin on.