Although i am now at school in NYC and use the facilities here, for a long time i had been dreaming about silkscreening. with some of the diagrams that are passed around this community, i decided the first part of equipment i would build was an exposure unit. this is WELL over a year ago, probably approaching 2 if not past that. Although i never finished the rest of the pieces needed to screen, this is waiting for me at home this summer.
A few steps will be skipped because i can't find all of the pictures i took while working on this project.
First i started by getting some raw lumber.
Measure twice, cut once
Cut the lumber down to size
More lumber shots
Skipping ahead, place and secure all light fixtures with screws
Close it all up
Attach and wire switch
All wiring and most work done.
Skipping ahead again, build a stand for the unit to sit on, move everything up to their final destination and wait for glass to be cut.
Glass is cut and placed on top. Once the bulbs arrived i was able to expose a few screen before i ran out of emulsion and money.
The project never picked up again due to working and school. This summer i am going to be working a bunch, but if i can't sell this beast then i am going to try and find time to attach the hinges i have to a shitty table and print a few things. I have an epson 3000 i picked up for $20 bucks along with the film to fit from posjet. I've bought a few screens since i've been at college and i will have to figure out a way to ship those back to use them. Maybe i'll play around with housepaint.
anyways, i figured it was about time to post this.
Edit, i'm glad this was my 800th post.