Gig Posters

Posters: 154432 | Bands: 134594 | Designers: 11436                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Default Rules/Advice for getting sketches at FS?

So, I was hoping to get some of you to do a sketch for me and just wanted to see what advice you had. I just went and got an acid-free sketch book. Picked one that was 9 x 12. Is that too large for a sketch? Should I go smaller?

Also, I was planning to bring a black sharpie. Would you guys prefer I bring along some sort of pencil and/or pen?

Is it offensive to ask for a sketch if I'm not buying anything?

I know some of these questions may sound silly, but I just want to make sure I'm not asking for too much and making it easy for you guys.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jbrotheim View Post
    Is it offensive to ask for a sketch if I'm not buying anything?
    i think asking for original art for free and not buying anything is totally tacky.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by seriplop View Post
    i think asking for original art for free and not buying anything is totally tacky.
    yup

Its kind of tacky either way. Asking for a small doodle on a poster is one thing, a sketch on a notebook is another.

Comments

mono's sig = LOL

"there was a commercial for the Gap with this horrible horrible 'rap' song about hoodies....I went into a seizure...and got past it..then..15 minutes later they PLAYED IT AGAIN. I jumped for the remote, missed it and lay writhing on the floor spraying piss and and in extreme insane pain...." -George W Bush

Premium Member

Comments

I'm going to bring a wheelbarrow filled with clay and ask people to sculpt something for me. That's cool, right?

(I expect to get a few skulls, several strips of bacon, and misshapen dicks of varying sizes.)
    This douche requires a lesson in humility that starts with a pillowcase full of soda cans and ends with emergency dental surgery. - Von Dada

Comments

wow.. was not expecting that response. I thought it was kind of a compliment to the artist that you want to get a sketch from him so you can display it in your home similar to asking a ballplayer for an autograph.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by seriplop View Post
    That is the truth.

a ballplayer doesnt make autographs for a living though. it would be like asking them to come over and play catch with you.

plus- flatstocks are pretty effing busy, most artists arent going to have a ton of time to make drawings for people.

well, go to a sports game instead then, noob!
    this here be gigposterz!