Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135994 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Silly Question...

This may sound like a silly question - but is it better to coat both sides of my screens?

At the moment i'm only coating one side, and i'm getting problems with ink bleeding through after a few pulls.

Also, i'm wondering if theres a difference in U.S and Uk mesh counts? I've been reliably informed by most printers on here that 120 is too coarse for poster printing. But all the local UK printers I talk to insist T120 is fine for high detail.

Many thanks

Comments

yes, coat both sides. don't know about the difference between us and uk mesh counts, though.

Premium Member

Comments

and yes there is a difference in mesh count...

UK numbers = 120 is good for fine detail, 90 is a suitable count for most paper work however

Premium Member

Comments

and 'Hi!'

...where are you based mate?

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJ View Post
    This may sound like a silly question - but is it better to coat both sides of my screens?
    At 90% the exposition time you use is too much short. Find the specifications of you emulsion and make the calc keeping in mind:

a) the number of the threads of your mesh and the kind of your mesh (white or yellow)
    b) the wattage of your light source
    c) the time suggested on the specifications for the exposure for a X number of threads
    d) the thick of your emulsion (but i suppose you're using single coat and not multiple coats)

I solved a lot of problems buying the book of Andy (Screenprinting today - The basics)

e) is your emulsion to much old?
    f) use an exposure calculator film (it should be available here in this section a file in a thread to print an use as exposure calculator)

..however after you've your stecil put your frame to the open air at the sun. Don't worry if it's a clody day, it works.

Also, i'm wondering if theres a difference in U.S and Uk mesh counts? I've been reliably informed by most printers on here that 120 is too coarse for poster printing. But all the local UK printers I talk to insist T120 is fine for high detail.
    ..yes! it depends if the number of the threads is per centimeters or per inches . A inch is 25,4 mm so it will fit a lot of threads in more for the same count (ex. 100 threads per cm is a mesh more "detailed" than 100 per inch)

Here there are a lot of people from Uk so contact them and your life will be better.

bye bye,
    Fabio