Gig Posters

Posters: 154432 | Bands: 134591 | Designers: 11435                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default First time printer. Advice sought

Any advice on how to successfully print this poster would be much apreciated. i have other posters designed but have only begun to explore screen printing.

I look forward to a great time sharing and swapping advice and talking posters in the future.

marty

Comments

By the looks of that, you are going to have to get to grips with half-tones pretty quickly. The boarder and small text may well cause you some problems, depending on your mesh count/ink/emulsion/exposure/dragging technique.... there ain't no science to these things, and it requires patience and practice.
    You may want to start off with something a bit simpler using a slightly bolder design and blocks of colour, just so you can get the hang of things.

Thanks for the help. Im working on a much simpler print at the moment. its not a poster or anything, just a simple enough image that I separated into 3 different colours, chosen simply as a learning exercise.

Im thinking of stepping it up for my next print. Should I simplifiy this poster so that the text is not shadowed, the halftones are gone and the border shouldnt be too much of a challenge?

Comments

The best advice i can give, is to just try it out. It may not look exactly as you expected, but it could be cool anyway...

Will do thanks.