Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135947 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Question Using a common flat (automatic or not) press, is possible to print shopper bags??

Hi,
    i was thinking to buy or build a flat screenprint press (automatic or not - of course with the vacum)..and i was wondering wheter is possible to print shop bags (the thin plastic ones, paper ones etc etc)

Thanks,
    Fabio

Comments

paper bags probably - we've even done some brown paper bags to good effect. I would think for t-shirt bags (thin plastic like they use at most super markets) you'd need something more "assembly line" or a whole lot of patience - Andymac'll know for sure.

Comments

The thin plastic ones require some pretty nasty inks to print. I'd probably use a tshirt setup to print them. More importantly however... why do you want to work with these nasty little polluting bastards. I wish the world would ban them today the way San Fran did.

Premium Member

Comments

Hi!!

mhmh..I thought it wasn't so difficult to print them using a screenprinting table.

Using a tshirt press you need to open the shoppers and don't know if it's easy to "close" them to stack them all.

Plastic..yes. I know it's a good factor of pollution, as the stickers are. In truth I don't have a job, and I'm trying to creating it. The only thing I can do is to "push" the customers to buy the paper ones. but here in Italy aren't used, except in the old shops of vegetables..

Fabio

Premium Member

Comments

I've done paper bags on a t-shirt press.
    you do have to open them to keep them flat on the platen and close them up afterwards
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Premium Member

Comments

I made a big "E" shaped thing out of cardboard for printing paper bags. I taped down the outer arms and then slipped the bag over the middle one so it wouldn't move and would register.

Premium Member

Comments

I've done brown paper bags on a normal printing table. had to slip in a cardboard sheet to stop the folds underneath stuffing up the print, and raise the off-contact. they were all single color, turned out quite flashy looking. once i got set up i could whip em out quite quickly. Good luck there!

Comments

print cool designs on re-usable canvas bags

Premium Member

Comments

hippie
    "I guarantee, the image will not be fade off and you will be pleasure it too. " - a bootlegger
    We need to print a tshirt "Avoid sucker effect!"-Fabio
    "fudge isn't sharp"-phoondaddy

Premium Member

Comments

Hi mates for your answers.

Nobody has printed plastic bags? Shouldn't a common vacuum table keep them firm to print them?!

@seriplop: i'm with you but i don't think supermarket will spend a lot of money in canvas bags.

Fabio

ps. Steph we are neighbour! http://www.gigposters.com/forums/scr...le-70x100.html